SD card issues

This is a discussion on SD card issues within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; I know that everyone keeps talking about putting music on the SD card, but is anyone planning on putting movies on it and watching it ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SD card issues

I know that everyone keeps talking about putting music on the SD card, but is anyone planning on putting movies on it and watching it on their EVO? I am looking forward to that since I have a classic 80gb iPod and I hate the little screen.

Also, I could have swore when reading about this phone back when it was first rumored that it would have a Mobile DTV chip in it so you could watch OTA Digital local channels, Fox, CBS etc. What happened with that? Is the new Samsung Moment the only one that is getting that? Those are being tested in Washington DC right now and one or two other cities.

I just came across an article about the SD card problems. Both HTC and Sprint were contacted about the issue:

HTC spokesperson Keith Nowak acknowledged the issue.

“We have seen this crop up intermittently in some of the Evo 4G devices,” Nowak told Wired.com. “We have identified the cause, are testing a solution and expect to have a software solution available very shortly that will be automatically pushed to phones over the air.”

“Many users are finding that a power cycle or switching the card out seems to rectify the issue in most cases,” he says.

A Sprint spokeswoman says Sprint is aware of the but is is “impacting few of the devices.” The HTC Evo phones distributed at the Google conference are from the same shipment that Sprint will be selling in the next few weeks, says the spokeswoman.
    The full article can be read here.

Member droidaddict_sprintdroids's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    Yeah I have 80+ gigs of music on my iPod and there is not one song that I don't like on it. I just don't see the need to put it on my phone when I have an iPod for my stored music.

I used Pandora RELIGIOUSLY on my Hero, and now with Froyo we will be able to stream music from our PCs directly to our phones so no need to store it on the SD cards anymore

I agree with you man. I too have the 80+ gig of ipod music. I don't see a need to have that much music on my new EVO.

Member droidaddict_sprintdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eilisaine View Post
    I know that everyone keeps talking about putting music on the SD card, but is anyone planning on putting movies on it and watching it on their EVO? I am looking forward to that since I have a classic 80gb iPod and I hate the little screen.

Also, I could have swore when reading about this phone back when it was first rumored that it would have a Mobile DTV chip in it so you could watch OTA Digital local channels, Fox, CBS etc. What happened with that? Is the new Samsung Moment the only one that is getting that? Those are being tested in Washington DC right now and one or two other cities.

Yes, in DC they gave out a bunch to users to test out the TV version. Unfortunately, the EVO does not have it. That sucks!

My issue could be an operator error on my part. I took out the SD card to load my pix into my pc but it's not showing up in "my computer" i expanded all the drives and nothing.

Thought that maybe if i plug in the phone to pc, something would pop up then, but nothing does...where do i go on my pc to transfer these pix to my pc?
    TIA

So far, two movies play fine and one doesn't, so I'm reconverting it. In the meantime, I have the OEM 8g card but am looking to get a 16g (would really like the 32, but hoochiemama are they expensive!) but I'm trying to figure out if it makes a difference if I buy the sd or the sdhc. Anyone know?

I bought the EVO because I wanted an iTouch for music and videos, then managed to spill pop all over my MotoQ9c and so far, it's still not working, so I'd really like to love this EVO...still deciding...

Quote Originally Posted by Makai2200 View Post
    My issue could be an operator error on my part. I took out the SD card to load my pix into my pc but it's not showing up in "my computer" i expanded all the drives and nothing.

Thought that maybe if i plug in the phone to pc, something would pop up then, but nothing does...where do i go on my pc to transfer these pix to my pc?
    TIA
    You shouldn't have to take the card out of the phone to transfer files. Connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable and select the connection on the phone as "Drive". It will then show up on the PC as a removable disk.

Edit: Make sure that you have installed HTC Hot Sync on your computer.

I've noticed that if you have the phone connected to the computer in disk drive mode, and you just unplug it, the phone doesn't always see the card again. But if you properly eject the disk drive on the computer first, then unplug it, it seems to work better.

Also, while the phone is connected to the computer, any ring tones that you have set from the SD card won't work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links