Headphone Jack - Jacked Up...

This is a discussion on Headphone Jack - Jacked Up... within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; My EVO headphone jack seems to have big problems. When I plug in I get static eventhough nothing is playing audio. When I do I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Headphone Jack - Jacked Up...

Headphone Jack - Jacked Up...

My EVO headphone jack seems to have big problems. When I plug in I get static eventhough nothing is playing audio. When I do I can barely hear the audio. I have been able to get it clear by pulling out the plug a little. This seems to be a major problem, unless HTC just didn't want iPod earbuds to work on their phones.

Any one else having this problem, or know of a solution???

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Make sure its in ALL the way. I was upset with that problem too, I went to 2 different sprint stores to have it fixed and nobody knew any way to fix it. Finally I went to the SonyStyle store and the sales guy had the Evo also, and he showed me the problem... it wasnt actually in all the way. It feels like your gonna break something, but your not. You need to push it in so that there is no space. You will feel a pop and it locks in pretty tight. Seems to work perfect now. GOOD LUCK

You will feel a pop and it locks in pretty tight. Seems to work perfect now.
    I had an issue with mine too, and making sure it was pushed in all the way solved it.

Thanks for the replies. I thought I had pushed it in all the way, mybe I didn't. I just made sure and shoved it in. The sound is clear
    Now to try that finicky FM radio again....

Unhappy

I too am having problems with my headphone jack, but for different reasons. It works, but on and off. It's like when I don't listen to music for a while, then try to do so again, I hear that sound when i put in the headphones, but I hear no music playing (or youtube videos), BUT i hear the notification sounds. When this happens, I have to turn off the phone, and then sometimes the phone doesnt turn back on so then i have to take out the battery, etc.

Soo, I guess i should mention that my phone tried to drown itself in the toilet....im not in denial about the fact that that is probably the cause of my problems, but on most days it seems to work fine. I don't really want to replace the phone just for the headphone jack, because its not always a problem. Can sprint do something about it? They told me that they don't fix water damage, but can I just take it in anyway so that they can tell me if the problem is due to water damage or something else???

Member droidaddict_sprintdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jjwalker2 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I thought I had pushed it in all the way, mybe I didn't. I just made sure and shoved it in. The sound is clear
    Now to try that finicky FM radio again....
    the FM radio does not seem to work right, but that is a different topic and thread.

same here

im having exactly the same problem too if you find out please let me know

Same problem here.

My jack does the same thing, I get static with some headphones and others seem to work fine. I will try pushing it in to the point of breaking it, but I feel there is something wrong with the HTC evo's Jack.

Once you have pushed the jack in all the way a few times it wont be so hard. But the first few times it really seems like theres something wrong. If not in all the way you will here static and the sound will cut in and out. When it goes in there is a click and sound is great

i have a problem too, whenever i plug in my headphones ony one headset works, and i tried pushing it in and it works but as soon as i take my hand of it doesnt work anymore:/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links