HTC EVO battery life

This is a discussion on HTC EVO battery life within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; That's a function of the smart chip in the charger. The EVO and all its processes always run off the battery. The smart chip charges ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO battery life

That's a function of the smart chip in the charger. The EVO and all its processes always run off the battery. The smart chip charges the battery, then once it reaches 100%, it stops, then periodically provides a maintenance charge, which is a heavy short burst charge, as opposed to a constant trickle charge. This is better for the battery but when you unplug your phone, it could be anywhere between 100% charged and the point at which the maintenance charge triggers.

When you unplug your phone and plug it back in, the charger doesn't know what state the battery is in, so it goes into primary charge mode. If you uplug your phone as soon as the light changes from orange to green, you will catch it at 100% charge and take away the most battery power you can get.

Member droidaddict_sprintdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Makai2200 View Post
    Ok just noticed this yesterday...my battery is on red, says to charge...i've had it plugged into my car charger, my pc charger and a regular wall outlet, left it on the wall outlet for a solid 12 hours (while i slept) it's now on yellow...wtf!!! Why not a full green?? Anyone else having this issue?
    this happened to me the first few days when I just got the phone. After afrew days charging, it will eventually turn green.

Here is my experience the first few days. charged it all night and it turned green. Unplugged in the morning to start my day. After 15min the battery indicator was used up half. It turned out that when the battery is new, it does not fully charge.

I followed the following steps from another post by a member user to get my battery fully charged: 1) charge it to full (green), then unplug it, turn it back on, turn it off. Plug it back in and charge until it shows green again.

After a few usage and draining, the battery should be charging its full cycle. Hope that helps as it did for me. Now I can go a full day where as before it was only a few hours.

Settings recommendations to save Battery Life

I found this article on 20 phone settings that can save your battery life. There were a few I hadn't even thought of, so I wanted to share.

20 tips to improve HTC EVO 4G battery life

I received an update which I downloaded to the phone, I was in a lousy area for data coverage, but it did finally finish. I can't remember the software version it said it was, but I called technical and asked what the update was supposed to do. The lady I spoke with said it was to help with the battery drain. I am assuming everyone got the update?? and can u guys (the administrators of this site) confirm this?? I can't believe about the 400% improvement like was mentioned in the first post, but would be nice to see some improvement. I am still going to be taking my usb charge cord and my 2 extra batteries with me....sucks carrying those in my pocket.
    Thanks, love the forum........Norris

Recieved EVO on the 29th. Have not had any issues with battery charge. Have charged it overnite(6 or 7 hrs) and have not had it discharge when plugged in.

Rich i never noticed that. After you said it i checked and i've taked the phone off charge with as little as 95%. Now before i have to go anywhere i just replug about 10 minutes before leaving. Thanks for the tip

Battery Life FIX

Battery Life FIX

Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Uncheck the “Enable always-on Mobile device”. Exit out ….. Now watch your battery life will be extended.
    Nothing else needed.

To be honest guys after 2.2 comes out for our evo 4g's i dont think battery life is going to increase any better. The phones that sprint comes out with in the future will probably improve in their hardware and software to handle 4g connections and get battery drain to 3G levels. We adopted the first viable 4G handset with hardware good enough to get juice to last us decently enough thru 4G connections. When we go to Gingerbread in october or somewhere towards the end of the year, our phone is out dated and newer phones are rocking dual core snapdragons and similarly powerful processors. Hey I upgraded to this evo and Im sticking it out, cuz this is one of the best damn next gen phones to hit the market. Lets face it, google still hasnt found a general way to optimize the android operating system in a standard way across all types of cellphones. 2.2 is their supposed holy grail to battery life, and thats all im having hope on

Went to sprint store today to get battery tested bc i had been having some issues.. dying quickly without much usage, and recently saying its full then 20mins later reaching the halfway mark. well sprint said the battery tested fine idk how and gave me it back said if i wanted to have it inspected it , it would take two hours. she saw the look on my face an quickly came up with option two. a new battery.. i thought she was going to switch it out but she just gave me the new battery and said i could keep my original and if problems continue bring it in to be inspected. sprint cool in my book

I'm trying to check and make sure my phone is just searching for CDMA network and not GSM. I'm using *#*#4636#*#* from the dialer but can't get the system test to come up. Any thoughts?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links