HTC EVO battery life

This is a discussion on HTC EVO battery life within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; I just finished a phone call with the powers that be about the battery life of my EVO while I'm in 4g (3g seems to ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO battery life

HTC EVO battery life

I just finished a phone call with the powers that be about the battery life of my EVO while I'm in 4g (3g seems to be fine). What i was told is that HTC will soon be comming out with a downloadible upgrade which will give your EVO up to a 400% battery increase. Dont see how this is possable? My phone already out preform's my htc diamond. Guess we shall see

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by jak89 View Post
    I just finished a phone call with the powers that be about the battery life of my EVO while I'm in 4g (3g seems to be fine). What i was told is that HTC will soon be comming out with a downloadible upgrade which will give your EVO up to a 400% battery increase. Dont see how this is possable? My phone already out preform's my htc diamond. Guess we shall see
    Jak, why not ask them to "put it in writing" so we have something we can post up here... ask for an email or letter or something?

I'd like to get confirmation on this.

Damn wish I would have did that. That was a long call too lol. I will try to get some sort of confirmation and also time frame. Wish me luck

The ARK PRO EDITION works the best. It will save a ton of battery life. Coupled with not having any live widgets, (weather.Facebook.news.etc..) you can set it up to autokill every minute well worth the purchase..believe me..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

ATK I MEAN. Sorry..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Ok so I got my Evo on the 4th of this month and I had noticed that the battery had been dying in 3-4 hours which was killing me cause I wouldn't use it it would just be in my purse while I was at work...so I took it back to Sprint and the guy switched it out and gave me a new battery with no fuss...so those of you with battery issues should just try and get a replacement they shouldn't hassle you...just thought I would share

Alright after contacting Sprint again and telling them they told me there was a battery fix comming soon.....BRICK WALL I followed up by contacting HTC directly via e-mail and was told there is no updates currently for battery life. Today i decided to see how long my phone battery lasts. Took off the charger 9:27am and checked my email, made a few call's and sent several texts. Used the phone just like normal trying to include web searching and taking some photo's. I just started watching enter the dragon on my evo and remembered to check battery life again (10 minutes into the movie) its now 10:58pm and my battery is now at 45%. Hmmmm not to bad. 4g another story lol. I live in Las Vegas where i get good 4g signals but i find myself staying on 3g for phone life and the 3g work's very well. I also read all the bad battery reviews so i wanted to post my view from someone who has one.

battery life

Every cell phone I have ever had, had battery issues if used a lot and was on roam. I am a veterinarian and get calls on cell phone at night. I plug my phone in every night and when in the car for a 30 + minute drive. I had issues with the blackberry curve I had before the evo and had to plug it in during the day also. This is the best phone I ever had for the reception and ease of use. If you go and google battery issues on the iPhone, there is a lot on the previous versions.Everyone with an iPhone that I know, has said the same thing. I have played with the settings on my phone and things are better. So I have to plug it in during the day, small price to pay for excellence. I do not knpw why it has become such a big issue. I have read all the discussions and have followed some of the suggestions and it seems to be getting better all the time. We have electricity available everywhere, just be prepared.

Battery Will NOT Charge

Ok just noticed this yesterday...my battery is on red, says to charge...i've had it plugged into my car charger, my pc charger and a regular wall outlet, left it on the wall outlet for a solid 12 hours (while i slept) it's now on yellow...wtf!!! Why not a full green?? Anyone else having this issue?

This was discussed on another forum, and I've noticed that it's true. Once you plug in the EVO and it reaches a full charge, it stops charging and starts running on the battery again. If you leave it plugged in for 12 hours, it will charge for 2 hours (or whatever it takes) and then the background processes will start running off the battery, so it will start discharging again. When I get up in the morning it will show a 100% charge, but a minute later it will show the true amount, which for me after 6 - 7 hours sleep, is around 97%. I unplug it for a few minutes, then plug it back in while I get ready for work. It then has a full charge by the time I'm ready to leave. Also, when you plug it in, make sure you have all your radios off, and anything else you turned on while using it, so it doesn't drain as fast. I hope that helps.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links