Bouncy Sprint Network

This is a discussion on Bouncy Sprint Network within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; So I switched from AT&T cause of the amount of dropped calls my wife and I were experiencing. We figured we would try Sprint with ...

Thread: Bouncy Sprint Network

Bouncy Sprint Network

So I switched from AT&T cause of the amount of dropped calls my wife and I were experiencing. We figured we would try Sprint with the new EVO (x2). Her EVO has been ok and mine has been having tons of network issues.

What I've really noticed with the EVO and sprint is the network goes up and down like crazy. I checked the coverage map and we're in the best coverage area. I've tried it outside, same problem. One thing is when I use the device as a hotspot, it will work for about 2 mins then hang on the network with the up arrow below the 3G.

Went back to Best Buy today since I purchased these Friday and the guy called Sprint. The Sprint rep said they'll check out our line but might need to wait to exchange for a refurb. I already told them if thats the case they don't need my business since I paid for a new phone.

Anyhow, is this normal for the network to bouncy like that with this device being so new? On my iphone with AT&T my signal was usually consistent.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    If that doesn't help try this one. Made a huge difference on mine.

Evo battery life trick read - xda-developers

I am missing something here!!! " bouncing network" and the two replies that sync and save battery...

Quote Originally Posted by varon View Post
    I am missing something here!!! " bouncing network" and the two replies that sync and save battery...
    If you read the thread, you might notice that it deals with having your phone looking for the wrong service. The improvement from the battery comes from you phone not constantly(50 to 60% of the time) looking for service. After setting mine to CDMA, and watching my bars, I noticed quite a change.

What I've really noticed with the EVO and sprint is the network goes up and down like crazy. I checked the coverage map and we're in the best coverage area. I've tried it outside, same problem. One thing is when I use the device as a hotspot, it will work for about 2 mins then hang on the network with the up arrow below the 3G.

" I believe this is what i read "

Can someone tell me if there is a way to get more bars in my area?? I had the insinct before the Evo and had better service. Thx

Make sure your PRLs are up to date.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links