Getting EVO 4G Service

This is a discussion on Getting EVO 4G Service within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Hello, New EVO 4g but has random reboot issues for one thing and HTC Sense UI errors. Put back to factory defaults and still does ...

Thread: Getting EVO 4G Service

Getting EVO 4G Service

Hello, New EVO 4g but has random reboot issues for one thing and HTC Sense UI errors. Put back to factory defaults and still does it. Called Sprint and they said I have to go back to where I purchased it. Went there and they said I have to go to a Sprint Repair Store. They are in another city about 12 miles away. Anyway called there and they don't have any and said they put me on the waiting list. Well I will be beyond my 30 days by then. I'm thinking of just canceling the whole thing. Customer services is not very good. Making you travel all over the place. Verizon would just ship me another phone. The Droid X is looking better and better.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

That shouldn't matter. You reported the problem within 30 days; it's not your fault that they don't have any to replace it with.

Be advised though: ol' Dan says "if you don't like it, we'll give you your money back. It's that simple."

Well it's NOT that simple. If you return the phone and cancel the plan, you will be charged for any current usage, PLUS a 35% restocking fee. I had this happen on a mobile broadband card I got a while back. The software wouldn't install on my PC and I had no way to monitor usage. Again, it was their problem, but they still stuck me for the 35% restocking fee.

I thought it was a complete refund within 30 days?

Sprint Free Guarantee

If you're not happy with your new service in 30 days, cancel and it's free.

We love and believe in our products and services. We're confident you will too. That's why, as a new customer — or an existing customer adding a new line of service — we'll give you 30 days to try us for free.
    If for any reason you're not happy and want to cancel service, just call us to deactivate your service, go to the original place of purchase to return your undamaged phone or mobile broadband card, and we'll:
    • Refund monthly charges incurred as part of your service plan*
    • Refund the activation fee
    • Refund the purchase price of your device
    • Waive the Early Termination Fee
    • Waive the restocking fee
    • Refund taxes and Sprint surcharges associated with the above charges
    *You’ll be responsible for extras like usage not included in your plan, premium content, 3rd-party billing, international charges, and any taxes and Sprint surcharges associated with such extras.
    Just one more thing we give you that our competitors don't. And one more reason why there's never been a better time to give us a try.

I'll believe the "waive the restocking fee" when someone tells me on here they've actually done it for them. The store where we got our phones even told us there would be a 35% restocking fee, because once the phone is activated, they can't sell it as a new phone, even if it never leaves the store.

Now the store where we got the phones was not a corporate store, even though there was NO OTHER NAME on the premises besides Sprint's (just on the invoices, which you see after the sale.)

Turns out, of the three Sprint stores in our area, only one is a corporate store. Perhaps that is where you need to go. I don't know.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links