Remember - There are FOUR buttons on your EVO

This is a discussion on Remember - There are FOUR buttons on your EVO within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Everyone knows about Home and Back, but how many of you remember the Menu button or Search button? The Menu button is a goldmine of ...

Thread: Remember - There are FOUR buttons on your EVO

Remember - There are FOUR buttons on your EVO

Everyone knows about Home and Back, but how many of you remember the Menu button or Search button?

The Menu button is a goldmine of options in most well-written apps. It's context sensitive, so remember that when you press Menu on one screen, you will get a totally different set of options than when you press it on another screen.

Example: The Email App

I see this asked a lot: "How do I delete multiple emails on the EVO?"

On your Inbox screen, tap "Menu". There are 6 options:

"Refresh", "Sort", "Compose", "Folders", "Delete", and "More..."

If you tap Delete, your Inbox list reappears with check boxes on the right. you can tap each email to turn on the red "X" to flag them for deletion.

OR, you can tap "Menu" AGAIN, and get "Select all" and "Deselect All" options. Very handy.

Also, in your Inbox list, tap the Search button to search your mail box for a particular sender or subject word.

Remember to check out the Menu and Search options on each screen in your apps, and you will find a wealth of tips and shortcuts for things yourself.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

RIch i agreee with you totaly. When i first got my phone i found myself forgetting the menu button alot while i was in a setting. Something i had to get use to comming to a new system with android. Works great once you get it in your head lol

Good advice, I had to keep reminding my wife of this for the first couple of days after she got her EVO.

Also remember that long press on the menu button will show/hide the keyboard.

--
    Swyped on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links