exchange sync error

This is a discussion on exchange sync error within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Everything has been fine and dandy for a month now. out of the blue today i get a Exchange sync error-Client/Server conversion error for my ...

Thread: exchange sync error

exchange sync error

Everything has been fine and dandy for a month now. out of the blue today i get a Exchange sync error-Client/Server conversion error for my calander only.. the Mail and Contacts are good. Everytime it syncs i get the notification error. Does anyone know how i can fix or what i did to get error?

Thanks in advance

Rnh

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Unhappy HTC EVO 4G - client/server conversion error - Outlook Active Sync - Calendar

The same issue happened to me. I had Exchange Active Sync configured with my work provided exchange email account. Everything was great until I downloaded the Android 2.2 update on Thursday August 5, 2010. Right after this, I noticed my exchange emails would not sync.

After talking with Sprint technical support, we removed my Exchange Active Sync account, rebooted the phone and reconfigured the Exchange Active Sync account. Emails and contacts synced fine, however I received the client/server conversion error when for the calendar syncronization. After working through this issue with Sprint, they could not figure it out. I have disabled all other calendars (Calendars>Menu>Calendars) and retried everyting. nothing works.

Here is what I am noticing:
    - Entries added to my EVO phone, sync correctly to my exchange server
    - Entries added from my Exchange server, DO NOT sync to my EVO Phone
    - Even after deleting my Exchange Active account and before I reconfigured it, I noticed that all of my exchange calendar entries were still in the calendar. They apparently are stuck in there and you can't delete them unless you delete them out one by one (I have months of entries in there). Not sure if deleting them out is the right thing to do or if this will cause entries to be inadvertantly deleted from the exhange server????

Anyone have any insights to resolve this?

See this link regarding the ActiveSync issue with Android.

Roaming Noodles

Unhappy HTC EVO 4G - client/server conversion error - Outlook Active Sync - Calendar

Alas, rnh & damonfrank, I too have exactly the same problem. Our techs have researched this & have come up with nothing to fix the problem. My only suggestion is to try an app that I had previously used on my EVO 4g that worked perfectly. It is called Touchdown. Of course, it was working perfectly BEFORE the 8/05/10 update but I can't vouch for its functionality after. I saw Touchdown mentioned in another forum as a possible fix so I'm assuming that it is working correctly. Lets hope that they release a patch to fix this however I'm not holding my breath since I'm still waiting for droid to fix the codec issue with playing .wav files.
    At least with the .wav issue there are work-arounds & a new app to correct that. :cool:

Smile

Thank you for that link, Mrdiggit. The fix appears to be working. I couldn't go two days without my Outlook e-mail going wonky. It seems stable now.

You're welcome. I am glad that worked for you. I have a Droid myself, and the sync issues were driving me crazy. Once I set up the accounts in the proper order, it worked like a champ. I wish the sales people were aware of this and instead of letting their customers find out about this the hard way.

Its 2012 and still the advice is good.
    Fed up with my Galaxy S2 not picking up new emails, so have swapped to touchdown.
    Only been a week, but I have not had a missed email since.
    If it still works as well after the 30 day trial, it will be well worth paying for !

Ads