No AAC after Froyo?

This is a discussion on No AAC after Froyo? within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; So I updated last week on the new Froyo, and I really liked the small improvements (mostly performance and stability), but when I opened one ...

Thread: No AAC after Froyo?

No AAC after Froyo?

So I updated last week on the new Froyo, and I really liked the small improvements (mostly performance and stability), but when I opened one of my streaming radio apps, it claimed "AAC streams not yet supported on Froyo"

I tried to do a few searches on this and could not really figure out what is the root cause of this? Is Google going to fix this? How soon?

I usually prefer AAC because I get better quality at a lower bandwidth. I would LOVE an OGG stream if stations actually streamed them, but it seems that all use either MP3 or AAC+.

Anyone have any info on this?

While I am on it, does anyone stream internet radio of their phone (like in the car), if so, what app do you use? I have a few, but not 100% sold on either mostly due to dropping. I used Resco Radio in my TP in wimo... it was ugly but it worked and buffered well.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This affects Pandora too. I used to use it religiously and now it sounds so bad that I just can't listen to it anymore. Lack of AAC support is a known issue with Froyo, I just wish google had made it known to us before we updated. I most likely would have stayed on 2.1 had I known that I would basically lose Pandora.

Well this aint good news at all. I use pandora a lot but have been pretty busy this last week so i didnt realize this. Not good, not good at all.

Wow I was just about to update to 2.2 from 2.1. Sprint keeps nagging me to perform this update. Thanks for telling us your dilemas. I shall keep my 2.1 and my Pandora / Slacker until the fix is revealed.

It is fixed !!!

Sprint/HTC's OTA update, 3.29.651.5 released the last week of September, fixes the AAC streaming problem. (Remember the issue was Google's Android Froyo 2.2. Google acknowledged and fixed this, however it is up to each carrier-manufacturer to incorporate-and-release the Google fix).

Pandora and other streming media & players produced exceedingly poor sound with AACs (not Pandora's fault, nor Sprint's, nor HTC's).

HTC/Sprint Release 3.29.651.5 mentions NOTHING about including this fix (so I haven't tried pandora or other streaming apps for weeks).

Noting this (2 week old) post, i tried Pandora again, and it is AWESOME.
    Latest EVO update may fix Pandora Radio..etc codec play - Android Forums

It was already fixed (nice job Google/Sprint/HTC), and I didn't know it (not so good job, Sprint/HTC).

I LOVE MY EVO (again).

I actually saw no real difference on my side, until I got an update to xiiaradio. It now supports full AAC and the streaming off of it is amazing. I have been listening to radio non stop and it has been great. I can declare the bug closed :-)

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links