out of memory

This is a discussion on out of memory within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; I have a EVO and I am no getting an our of memory warning with every new email that is downloaded. How do I clear ...

Thread: out of memory

out of memory

I have a EVO and I am no getting an our of memory warning with every new email that is downloaded. How do I clear out memory? This isn't a RAM issue as I use Advanced Task Killer to shut down unnecessary programs. I deleted all of the emails out of my inbox, but I dont know if that is perminately deleting them off the phone. I would prefer to store them on my SD card, if that is an option. Would text messages be filling up the space? How do I clean that out?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

From the main screen of the Mail app, tap Menu, then Folders, Then Trash. If you have never deleted emails from your trash, and they have a lot of attachments, you may have used up all your memory.

Tap Menu -> Delete, then Menu again, and Mark All to check all the emails in the Trash, if you want to delete them all in one fell swoop.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

Thanks for the quick response. I figured it was something simple. I had not yet emptied my trash folder. Interestingly it looks like there is only 1 trash folder for all of your email accounts. Is that correct? I deleted it for one account and then switch to my other email account and the trash folder was already empty.

Also, before I emptied the trash I looked at my memory and it said I had something like 240MB of free space on my internal storage. How could I have that much space and yet I was getting the 'not enough memory' when a new email would come in? Is there a limit to how much memory your mail folders can use? Is there a way to have your emails store on an SD card instead of the internal memory?

Thanks,

I have a trash folder for each account. At least they show different contents.

Not sure where mail is stored. I do have a .Mail folder on my SD card, but it doesn't have any file names that make sense so I'm not sure exactly what's in it.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links