POP E-mail

This is a discussion on POP E-mail within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; On my EVO I have two e-mail accounts set up. One is my Hotmail and the other is my work web domain account. The Hotmail ...

Thread: POP E-mail

POP E-mail

On my EVO I have two e-mail accounts set up. One is my Hotmail and the other is my work web domain account. The Hotmail account stores up to 99 old messages. However when I check my POP E-mail on my computer and mark a message as read, it disappears from my phone. How can I correct this so my old messages stay on my phone for this account?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

EVO Disappearing Emails

I'm having the same disappearing email problem on my pop account. After reading several forums, there appears to be a consensus that this problem started after the 2.2 came out. I've had to delete my HTC pop account, which I liked and use only my google account.

If you need a second account you can also use Roid for yahoo.

EVO Disappearing Emails

I've spoken to the tech people at sprint and they acknowledge that the disappearing emails on the pop accounts is a known issue with the 2.2 system. There is no fix but they claim to be working on it. I suggest that everyone call them to complain and request a fix asap. As we all know, "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

New Evo user, has this problem been addressed or solved to anyone's knowledge?

Thanks

Yes, go to your e-mail account in the Control Panel, click the Change button, when that window pops up click the More Settings... button then click the Advanced tab. In that Advanced tab check the box that says "Leave a copy of messages on the server".

Smile EVO Disappearing Emails

Quote Originally Posted by cavanroo View Post
    Yes, go to your e-mail account in the Control Panel, click the Change button, when that window pops up click the More Settings... button then click the Advanced tab. In that Advanced tab check the box that says "Leave a copy of messages on the server".
    Thank you but I fixed the problem by switching to Google Premium Apps so I'm now us IMAP. Much better.

Quote Originally Posted by cavanroo View Post
    Nope, that doesn't do it. I already had.

In the first day of full usage, I had a total of 8 e-mails sent to me that I checked via web. 1 was received in Outlook, the other 3 on my phone. 4 were not received by anything.

For the time being, I deleted the account and have everything being forwarded to my Gmail, which I don't like so much. But I am receiving all my e-mails on my phone and computer now.

Maybe try a different email client on your EVO? I use K9 and have not seen this problem.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links