Task killers

This is a discussion on Task killers within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Weather or not to use a task killer, I know this has been covered numerous times in the past but i haven't seen it lately. ...

Thread: Task killers

Task killers

Weather or not to use a task killer, I know this has been covered numerous times in the past but i haven't seen it lately. That said, i just seen the best by far explanation ever and had to share

The following is an example of how apps are handled by android with task killers and without

Apps on the SD card are books on the shelf (not using battery)
    Apps in RAM are books on the coffee table (not using battery)
    Apps in use are books you are reading (using CPU/BATTERY)

ANDROID WITHOUT AN AUTOMATED TASK KILLER
    Android OS moves books from bookshelf to coffee table (using CPU/BATTERY)
    Android OS moves books back to the bookshelf when you are done reading them and when the coffee table gets full (using CPU/BATTERY)
    End of story

ANDROID WITH AN AUTOMATED TASK KILLER
    The OS uses CPU/BATTERY to move books from the bookshelf to the coffee table
    ATK uses CPU/BATTERY to move books from the coffee table to the bookshelf
    Never ending story...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

This is a great analogy, hopefully people will realize that it's true. Task killers are bad news for battery life and performance.

Uhm....... task killers yes. Especially since 2.2 was released. "Auto Killer" no! Difference in what it kills and how it operates, more like:

You start reading a book, switch to another book, then to another without ever moving them to the table or shelf. Auto Killer moves them to the shelf for you.

I'm getting a full day's use out of mine, (wife is too) with fairly heavy to moderate usage. (wife's is used way more than mine, she's actually friendly! ) I'm using Auto Killer and Juice Defender on both of them, and running Calkulins Evio 2 rom with Netarchy's/Toastch's kernel. And I'm overclocking like mad also.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links