Touch screen not working consistantly

This is a discussion on Touch screen not working consistantly within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; I have an Evo, got it on the first day and it's been great, none of the common problems other s have had. Over the ...

Thread: Touch screen not working consistantly

Touch screen not working consistantly

I have an Evo, got it on the first day and it's been great, none of the common problems other s have had.

Over the last 2 days it has developed a random problem. The touch screen isn't....well, right.

When it is in this state, it starts out by becoming very difficult to unlock the screen. It takes many swipes to get the bar to go down. Many times I have to lock then unlock with the top button and try again. We are talking like 25 to 30 times to get into the phone.

once unlocked, it workes fine for the most part, but once in awhile, even more rare than the unlocking thing, the touch screen seems to become unresponsive, and the emails/texts zoom, unzoom, letters appear, dissapear, menues pop up, all on thier own. Even the static buttons on the bottom are unresponsive during this weirdness.

I've done hard and soft restarts. I have black tie at Best By, but am afraid I'll get there and the phone wont do it.

Ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Ended up taking it in. 3-5 weeks? Christ, maybe Best Buy black tie isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Relegated to my old Blackberry. Crappy Phone.

Rek i feel your pain the last time i used the BB insurance, same thing 4 weeks. Then i had to stay on em the 4th week to get it. I too hate going back to a old phone like that. It just sucks
    Build: Fresh Evo 3.2.0.0 By Flipz
    Kernel Version: King-havs-OcUverik@Ubuntu#9
    Phone: Htc Evo 4g Proud owner 6/4/10
    Over Clocked to 1.2ghz
    ADW.Launcher
    ClockworkMod Recovery
    Unrevoked 3.2
    You i balling me or you just like my Evo

Finally got the Evo back. They replaced the whole screen and top section.

Works excellent.

I had to call a bunch of times and get it escelated, at first they told me they wouldn't even have parts until next week, then another week for repairs and another week to ship it. That was going to be close to 8 weeks from drop off.

Geeksquad agreed and escelated. Glad the wait was the worst part, but I am going to give blacktie serious consideration if I want to continue it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links