Hdmi out????

This is a discussion on Hdmi out???? within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Is there any way to see my EVO on my HDTV through the HDMI output besides just watching videos or viewing pics from my phone> ...

Thread: Hdmi out????

Hdmi out????

Is there any way to see my EVO on my HDTV through the HDMI output besides just watching videos or viewing pics from my phone> Meaning , can I surf the net and watch streaming videos not youtube and see it on my HDTV? I have the adapter but it only lets me view videos I have stored on the phone. I want to see everything my phone is doing on the TV screen with the HDMI out if it's possible. I was on the net trying to watch a video from a site not youtube and it wouldn't show me anything so I pushed the top button on the phone and then pushed it again and slid the phone on by touch screen and then all I got was sound of the web content but could not get it to show the video,, like I said it only lets me watch movies I downloaded to my phone,, I'd love to see everything thru the net if someone know's of a work around for this issueThanks
    MANDM
    P.S. sorry if this is a dumb question, but I new to this

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

???

Anyone??? any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks
    MANDM

Sorry don't have the cable and don't know what's visible on it. I think you may have to be rooted to see more than just a video window. Search this forum for "hdmi out". I think it's been discussed before.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

?

I can watch videos fine on my tv from the phone I just want to know if it's possible to see everything the phone does on my tv like using it as a big monitor for the phone.. It was weird cause when I pushed the top power button and then pushed it again and slid the screen open again I got sound all of a sudden but still couldn't see what I was viewing from the internet.. If it needs to be rooted to do this can anyone confirm this?? I didn't want to root my phone but if I can have the functio I'll be willing to do it,, Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by MANDM View Post
    I can watch videos fine on my tv from the phone I just want to know if it's possible to see everything the phone does on my
    tv
    MANDM, I just got my HDMI Cable from MonoPrice.com and it only display to my HD TV when using the Evo "Gallery" player, even when I try to play mpeg Videos using "RockPlayer" (only way to watch mpeg/avi files with out converting them) it do not transferred/Display on the HD TV, because to see those files yo have to used the "Normal Mode" meaning the internal Player on "RockPlayer", but the Supported Files only displayed on the TV if using the "System Mode" meaning the EVO Internal Player. I've been searching to see if there is a way or an App that will let you see the Phone, but I think you can not, maybe Root Phones? I will get back to you.

Carla :htcevoiso:

??

Thanks, I've been looking too and can't find anything so far, does anyone know if rooting the phone will allow me to view everything on my phone? If so, that would be the perfect reason for me to root my EVO. Thanks for any help
    MANDM

I went on Monoprice.com but am unsure what the HDMI connector is called. Don't want to get the wrong one. Thanks

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links