EVO and Swype Keyboard

This is a discussion on EVO and Swype Keyboard within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; I down loaded the latest Swype and thought it worked pretty good. Problem is i just got a my "30 day trial is over update ...

Thread: EVO and Swype Keyboard

EVO and Swype Keyboard

I down loaded the latest Swype and thought it worked pretty good. Problem is i just got a my "30 day trial is over update Swype" this morning. Is there a permanent version for the Evo. I can't seem to find a link.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDRuLr72GYw[/ame]

Swype Keyboard vs Slideit for Evo

Since my Swype was killed I decided to try Slideit since it is actually available and supported. Here is my summary after 3 days of use. Very similar to Swype same feel, speed and accuracy. Does not have a long hold feature for options (punctuation, symbols) like Swype. It does have the microphone like the base keyboard if you prefer speaking to text (Swype dose not). Word suggestion is different but works fine (preference). Overall I am pleased with the App. It does cost $8 which is steep for a Android Market App. But it will work more than two weeks. I would recommend this for those jonesing to get a Swype interface back. Note - when you buy Slideit they perform a check and it takes a few minutes to get the down load. You will get an email letting you know everything was approved and you can now download. I did not see the email ended up canceling the down load as nothing was happening. I then tried again and it worked fine. Later I saw the email.

I did not care for the free version of slide it. Is it THAT much better after paying 8 bucks??

It's pretty easy to find working copies of Swype with Google. Just do a search for the latest version- 2.4.44.10912, you'll find it.

Swype is trying to keep us from getting it unless you go thru them so i went another way and i like it better anyway

Shape Writer and it works great.
    Build: Fresh Evo 3.2.0.0 By Flipz
    Kernel Version: King-havs-OcUverik@Ubuntu#9
    Phone: Htc Evo 4g Proud owner 6/4/10
    Over Clocked to 1.2ghz
    ADW.Launcher
    ClockworkMod Recovery
    Unrevoked 3.2
    You i balling me or you just like my Evo

I did not try the free version so I can not compare. I did not try Shape Writer either. I was not in the mood to keep chasing Swype downloads so for now this works fine. $8 is the cost of a good margarita, if a better or available Swype comes around uninstall is pretty simple.

Really no one should have to chase after a good copy of this for long. If you head over to Swypes beta page ( http://beta.swype.com ) and register, they'll email you when a new version is released.

I tried a few of the other swype'ish apps, they beat 'tap typing' but swype is still better all around, not to mention free during the beta.

Rob

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

I signed up a couple of weeks ago and got my beta of swype in my gmail today. I tried the free slide it and liked it a lot, I like the voice to text feature. I like shape writer, too. I guess I'll try swype then decide which one I'll pick for good.

The beta version that was just released with the mic button works great. I received an email from them couple days ago. Before that I was using a cracked version. The official version seems a little more stable but if they want to stop the beta version early I have no problem using the cracked one again.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
    http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links