Effectively bricked my EVO last night :/

This is a discussion on Effectively bricked my EVO last night :/ within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; I have had a problem for a while now where I have been unable to flash the latest and greatest kernels. Last night I tried ...

Thread: Effectively bricked my EVO last night :/

Effectively bricked my EVO last night :/

I have had a problem for a while now where I have been unable to flash the latest and greatest kernels. Last night I tried to get to the bottom of it because I really, really wanted to flash king's new cfs 11 kernel that everyone has been raving about. I pulled apart the kernel and tried to flash the zImage via fastboot and kept getting errors. After a little research I determined it was because of bad blocks in my boot partition. So I tried to wipe the partition and start over.

Bad idea.

Long story short, I was up till 6 in the morning trying to restore my phone back to the way it was before I eff'd it up. Nandroids wouldn't work, reflashing my rom wouldn't work. After much trial and error I was finally able to get it to boot with a stock pc36img file, but now whenever I try to reboot I get nothing but bootloops and have to flash the pc36img file over again just to get it to boot back up. So now I am stuck with a stock phone that is incredibly sluggish, and all my user data is gone because even though I restored it with titanium, you need to reboot to get the data to populate which I can't do.

The good news is, I already filed my claim with Asurion and they are overnighting my replacement to me. I should have it tomorrow. Hopefully the new one won't have any issues with the new kernels.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I just got the replacement, it's brand spanking new! No refurb here! hahaha

Man at least you got one quick
    Build: Fresh Evo 3.2.0.0 By Flipz
    Kernel Version: King-havs-OcUverik@Ubuntu#9
    Phone: Htc Evo 4g Proud owner 6/4/10
    Over Clocked to 1.2ghz
    ADW.Launcher
    ClockworkMod Recovery
    Unrevoked 3.2
    You i balling me or you just like my Evo

Asurion? Is that a third party insurance company? Thought that rooting void warranties and such...

Good you got a new phone.

Yes, Asurion is the third party insurance company that Sprint uses to handle their claims. Insurance is different that warranty. They covered mine no questions asked. I just told them I did something to it and it started acting funny, which was the truth.

So, what kind of payments did you have to make? Anything more than Sprint's $7/month insurance?

$100 deductible on top of the $7/month.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links