Touchscreen glitch

This is a discussion on Touchscreen glitch within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Hi all, new to the forum, have had an EVO for over two months now, I love it, but I've got one big problem. About ...

Thread: Touchscreen glitch

Touchscreen glitch

Hi all, new to the forum, have had an EVO for over two months now, I love it, but I've got one big problem.

About a month after I bought it, I noticed that when I was using the virtual keyboard (any of them it didn't matter if it was the stock one or an aftermarket) I would hit a button and the keyboard would register the hit (the letter/word would even pop-up in the suggestion box) yet the text would not appear in the main field. This problem would happen a few times a day with no way to fix it but wait a few minutes.

I took it to my boss (I work and bought it at Best Buy) and he suggested I tried restoring it to factory settings to fix it, I did, and it worked, for about a day. It was around this time that I was thinking of rooting it, so I ended up rooting it and installing fresh. For about a week, it didn't have the problem. At the point I was pretty fed up, my boss swapped it out for another one about a week ago.

The first few days, no problems. However the problem came back. At first I assumed it was because I had done a NANdroid backup and might've carried over the bug to the new phone. So I restored it to factory settings, deleted the backup and reflashed it with fresh just to be sure. That was earlier today. However, it's still having the same problem.

Now I know it's not the individual phone because I've had two, and I know it's not the model because I have searched and searched and nobody has had this problem. So I'm just wondering if you guys would have any suggestions (and unfortunately getting a 3rd phone isn't an option)

So to summarize: I'm having a problem with all virtual keyboards whether or not the phone is rooted. It doesn't matter if I'm running stock or a flashed ROM, and it doesn't matter if I have no apps or the apps I normally use, I always have this problem, across two phones.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by wjHarnish View Post
    This problem would happen a few times a day with no way to fix it but wait a few minutes.
    Could it be a heat issue? What apps do you run on your phone? Have you seen the problem BEFORE you install any apps or root it or do anything?

I'm thinking it's something in your environment (how you use the phone, or what apps you run) that is causing the problem.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

I agree with Rich. The only time i have really noticed touch issues is when i'm at work (construction in Vegas) and it gets very hot. That and one other thing. When i use an app called widget locker which i love i do have alot of touch issues but i like the app so much i just deal with it.
    Build: Fresh Evo 3.2.0.0 By Flipz
    Kernel Version: King-havs-OcUverik@Ubuntu#9
    Phone: Htc Evo 4g Proud owner 6/4/10
    Over Clocked to 1.2ghz
    ADW.Launcher
    ClockworkMod Recovery
    Unrevoked 3.2
    You i balling me or you just like my Evo

I haven't noticed it being a heat issue but I could look into the possibility. I can't honestly say it it has ever happened when I have no apps, but it has happened while both rooted and stock.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links