Exchange email notifications not clearing

This is a discussion on Exchange email notifications not clearing within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; I successfully configured my work Exchange account (via Email app), as well as my gmail account (through the Gmail app). Both promptly receive mail with ...

Thread: Exchange email notifications not clearing

Exchange email notifications not clearing

I successfully configured my work Exchange account (via Email app), as well as my gmail account (through the Gmail app). Both promptly receive mail with Push enabled and the notifications appear as expected (sometimes my phone even gets mail before Outlook running on our company network!)

What is not as expected (desired?) is - while I'm at work, I normally have access to my laptop with Outlook running. I am using Outlook to process email, not my phone (unless I'm away from my desk). Anyway, the end result is, I mark all the various emails as "read" within Outlook. Some time later, I happen to glance down at my phone and see that I have a new mail notification which says something like "20 unread messages" - but they are actually just the messages I had already processed within Outlook. If I actually open my inbox on the phone, the messages ARE already marked as read, so the phone has the correct status for the messages, it's just that the notification remains.

Gmail correctly makes notifications clear when I read email via Outlook, just the Exchange ones do not go away.

Is there a way to make the Exchange notifications go away if the email is (externally to the phone) marked as read?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I see the same thing on the Samsung Epic and it drives me a little crazy. I haven't been able to find a solution so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I am having the same issue on a Motorolla Droid Razr Maxx.

I got a recommendation to try Touchdown from this thread: Exchange Email Notification doesn't clear - Android Enthusiasts

Looks like a good solution so far.

After a trial run of using Touchdown I encountered a similar but opposite problem (emails marked as read on phone in TouchDown app are not synced as read on computer).

Back to square one.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links