HTC Evo Cant Play an Entire MMS Message like a Cheaper Phone Could!

This is a discussion on HTC Evo Cant Play an Entire MMS Message like a Cheaper Phone Could! within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Posts: 2 Thank You -Given: 0 -Receive: 0 HTC Evo Cant Play an Entire MMS Message like a Cheaper Phone Could! on: Today at ...

Thread: HTC Evo Cant Play an Entire MMS Message like a Cheaper Phone Could!

Thank You
    -Given: 0
    -Receive: 0

on: Today at 07:15:04 PM
    Quote Modify Remove
    Today me an a friend who happens to own a plain Jane Metro pcs phone were taking a look at some of his latest text messages on his phone when one caught my attention but I couldn't see the picture clearly . So I said to him forward the message to my phone I have the HTC EVO by sprint with the 3/4g network and surelyMetro Pcs cant stand up the Sprint and the HTC EVO and after a few seconds the message came across the my phone, the picture was big and clear as was the audio portion until it cut off after playing about 90% of the message. Well at first I thought, maybe it was a trick so I had him resend the message and I got the same result, by now there is a crowd of people standing around and my friend is laughing up storm and poking fun at my phone because it couldn't play the same mms message in its entirety as his cheap Metro device. After being funny man for the moment I manage to call sprint and I got the usual, Power Off/ON and had no affect but later the rep said that it was a network issue that was being worked on. I have all the latest updates so I am baffled.

My question has anyone else experienced this with an Multimedia Message?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

If you are using the stock messaging program, it allows messages up to 2MB - if you set it to allow them...

<< Messaging > Menu > Settings > Maximum Message Size = 2MB >>

If not, the default is 500k - which isn't enough to play back a photo with sound - or more than an 8 second video...

If you are using Handcent, you can set it as high as 1.2MB - but you have to set it manually to this setting.

Quote Originally Posted by waazzupppp View Post
    If you are using the stock messaging program, it allows messages up to 2MB - if you set it to allow them...

<< Messaging > Menu > Settings > Maximum Message Size = 2MB >>

If not, the default is 500k - which isn't enough to play back a photo with sound - or more than an 8 second video...

If you are using Handcent, you can set it as high as 1.2MB - but you have to set it manually to this setting.
    To add to that, if you root your phone, it's possible to increase that limit to 5MB which I'm sure is significantly larger than whatever your buddy's feature phone can do.

Its not the evo. My sister has metropcs and sends me mms and they are also messed up. I then have her use her att phone and it works just fine. There is no need to do anything to your phone. Its metropcs that messes up the mms.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
    Get 1 Free!
    http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links