Evo Clear Button

This is a discussion on Evo Clear Button within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; So I bought my evo right after they came out, and I absolutely love it. I've had no problems with it at all but the ...

Thread: Evo Clear Button

Evo Clear Button

So I bought my evo right after they came out, and I absolutely love it. I've had no problems with it at all but the other day when I try to push "clear" in the notification bar or try to type in the market search bar it won't respond when I push it. Everything else on the screen responds fine except those two issues. Can anyone help our give some suggestions?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Does the problem persist after rebooting your phone?

Yeah, I've rebooted it and even reset it to factory settings twice.

I have the same issue......Any suggestions yet?

you're going to have to get your screen replaced, notice if you go into landscape mode it'll clear (ie from messaging). it's not a sense issue, and even though the touchscreen might be responsive in that general area to the clock or drop down bar a new screen WILL fix the issue. talk to your local tech :D

I am having the same problem

I am having problems with the touch screen on my HTC EVO 4G, I can not use the clear button in the notification screen in the portrait mode but in Landscape mode I can. I do not think its the screen I have reset my phone back to factory settings and deleted my SD card and it has fixed the problem for a little while but it is now back. Has there been a fix for this or do I need to get a new phone for sure?

I now have the same problem with my phone. It was fine for over a year. Just started over the weekend. Rebooted several times and even did a hard reset. Removed the battery for a few minutes. Not sure why the phone only doesn't see the clear button. Mine also will not select the first person in the call log. Now I have to either type in the persons name or call someone else and hangup so that the person I am trying to get ahold of will be the second person in the list.
    Please any ideas would be helpful.

EVO Clear button

I posted before about the clear button not working. Or the top person on your last called list not working. Well its weird but when I plug it into the charger they both work fine.
    I have tested with the EVO plugged in and not plugged in. Same results with a hard boot or a soft boot. When it is not plugged in those buttons won't work.
    If anyone else finds a different work around or a fix please let me know.

One other tidbit. When plugged into a USB port on my computer which is usb 2.0 it still does not work. Only when plugged into the wall charger.

So i got it to work but I had to call Sprint. They had nothing in their records for a fix but what we did was. I pulled out the battery and she sent out two of the latest updates to my phone. When I put the battery back in and it finished syncing with the carrier everything was back to normal.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links