EVO auto shuts down

This is a discussion on EVO auto shuts down within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Recently, my EVO will reboot itself for no reason. A few times I've been on a call and abandons it starts to reboot itself. Other ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EVO auto shuts down

EVO auto shuts down

Recently, my EVO will reboot itself for no reason. A few times I've been on a call and abandons it starts to reboot itself. Other times while I'm trying to make a call. Anyone one else have simular issues as mine?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Are you still stock or are you rooted? I have found that reboots like that are caused by issues with the kernel most of the time. If you are rooted you can always try flashing a new kernel. If you're not rooted then I would recommend running a RUU, but you will lose all your data.

I'm all stock. RUU?

ROM Update Utility. It's software that you run on your PC that loads a fresh OS on your phone for you. It's what the techs at the Sprint Store use to reflash your software. What software version are you on?

I'M on 3.29.651.5

Ok, if you're still having problems, here is the XDA thread where you can find the ROM Update Utility. As I said before, you will lose all your data so make sure all your contacts are backed up with gmail, and you can use an app like MyBackup Pro to back up everything else. Also, I recommend syncing your apps with AppBrain as well.

The RUU will completely wipe your phone and reinstall a fresh copy of the 3.29 software. This *should* solve your issues but if it it doesn't, you will need to go into a Sprint store and get your phone replaced.

Download the file, run it on your PC, and follow the on screen instructions.
    *OFFICIAL* RUU_SuperSonic_S_Sprint_WWE_3.29.651.5_Radio_2.15. 00.09.01_NV_1.77_CNV_re - xda-developers

Thanks Metalhead,

I'll give it a try this weekend. As I type this I'm burning in a new laptop since my GF decided to spill coffee over my last laptop. Lucky for me I had most of my files on an external HDD.

No prob man, let me know how it goes.

I'm in the market for a new laptop too, my POS laptop has seen better days. Definitely not a result of coffee spillage though. I hope she bought it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    I'm in the market for a new laptop too, my POS laptop has seen better days. Definitely not a result of coffee spillage though. I hope she bought it for you.
    No she did not. It was an accident so I can't blame her. Oh if your looking for a new Laptop I found mine on costco.com, I picked up a nice HP DV7 17.3" Refurb for only $545.00 with the extra warranty coverage that they offer.

I have had the same problem with auto rebooting as well. I think mine were caused by the slacker radio app. A recent update from slacker might have fixed it though because I have gone several days without an auto reboot occurring. It would auto reboot even if the slacker app was not being actively used...

Adam

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links