Gallery Force Closing

This is a discussion on Gallery Force Closing within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; The other day I tried to take a picture and noticed my 16 gig card was full. I plugged into my laptop and removed a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gallery Force Closing

Gallery Force Closing

The other day I tried to take a picture and noticed my 16 gig card was full. I plugged into my laptop and removed a bunch of videos and pictures, about 9 gigs worth.

Now when I try to open the gallery to look at a picture or video, it freezes and tells me it encountered an error and needs to force close.

I unseated the card and took it out and put it back in, no change. Hard pulled the battery, nothing.

Any ideas?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Just a shot in the dark here but try going to menu>settings>applications>manage applications and then find the gallery app, click on it and then clear the data. When you open the gallery again, it will have to rescan the SD card, and will hopefully fix your problem.

Having Force Close issues as well

I just found this forum because I have the same problem as of today. I JUST downloaded Android 2.3 and non of my galleries work anymore. It pulls up the outlines but then force closes. I took a picture and then accessed my pictures from the camera and it worked. So... it can't be a problem with the card. As soon as I return to the main screen that lists the pictures, it crashes.

I am blaming this on the update. Let me know if you get it fixed.

2.3? Which ROM are you running? I haven't tried any of the 2.3 ROMs yet but I know that they all still have some issues. You might want to try posting in the dev thread for your specific ROM and see if anyone else is having similar issues.

I'll have to agree with Metal. All the 2.3 ROMs are highly unstable and still in Beta. A lot of the features don't work yet. Might want to stick with a 2.2 ROM for now.

Update on gallery problems

Yeah... I didn't know what I was talking about when I said I downloaded 2.3. That version is not available yet for evo. Either way, the update that I downloaded for the keyboard was not the problem. I just went back and forth with HTC and I finally just did a Factory Data Reset. This did absolutely nothing. Finally, I took the SD card out and put another one in. I just took about 10 pictures and everything seems to work fine. I guess my old SD card had something recently downloaded to it that the Evo doesn't like. Either way, that was the fix. I transferred all of my pics back to the new card.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    Just a shot in the dark here but try going to menu>settings>applications>manage applications and then find the gallery app, click on it and then clear the data. When you open the gallery again, it will have to rescan the SD card, and will hopefully fix your problem.
    Man, when I saw in my email you responded, my heart grew happy, for I knew an answer was close at hand! LOL

That didn't work, I'm going to try a different memory card and see if that works, The only thing I've added recently was the Swype beta, and I don't even think that goes on the card, I think it lives in phone memory. We'll see...

PS thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Man, when I saw in my email you responded, my heart grew happy, for I knew an answer was close at hand! LOL

That didn't work, I'm going to try a different memory card and see if that works, The only thing I've added recently was the Swype beta, and I don't even think that goes on the card, I think it lives in phone memory. We'll see...

PS thanks for the help
    Haha thanks for the vote of confidence!

If that didn't work, I would definitely try a new SD card or even just reformatting the old one. Is it possible that you accidentally unplugged your phone from the computer without properly ejecting it? Meaning you didn't click "safely remove hardware" or set the phone back to charge only? Now I have done that numerous times without screwing up my gallery app but I wouldn't rule that out as a possibility. Let me know how it turns out with the new or reformatted card and we can go from there.

The newest update came out, and I updated my phone, still had the same prob. So I did the most obvious fix and took out the card, copied all the music and pics/vids to my laptop, formatted the card, transferred my stuff back, and it's back to working normal. I'm not sure what caused it, I probably unplugged it without ejecting it when I was tethered and the phone rang or something. Either way, it's working now!
    Thanks for all the help!

Hey I just noticed where you live MH! I was in Chicago for work for the last 8 months, my office was in Des Plaines and my house was in Elk Grove Village...funny we were half an hour away lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links