Evo will not charge

This is a discussion on Evo will not charge within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; So I have had my phone plugged in to an outlet (usb cord plugged into that little piece that gives you the prongs for the ...

Thread: Evo will not charge

Evo will not charge

So I have had my phone plugged in to an outlet (usb cord plugged into that little piece that gives you the prongs for the outlet holes) for about 5 hours if not more. When I went to sleep the battery was at about low 40 to 30% and when I woke up about 10 mins ago it was at 18% after being plugged in for all that long. In the 10 mins have been browsing the web it has dropped to 7%. Now obviously it is going to drop because I am using it...I understand that. My question is why hasn't my ego been charging the whole time its been plugged in? I have another usb cord I can use but its so short, I will try switching but in the meantime any ideas? This has been happening a lot lately.

O yea and I just downloaded advanced task killer after looking at battery usage and seeing that Google maps was taking up 70% battery life which is ridiculous because I haven't used it for days. If I kill apps running in the background and/or foreground will this make the phone charge faster?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Junior Member LetsNotBleedAtTheDisco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CheLLeyTeKiLLa View Post
    So I have had my phone plugged in to an outlet (usb cord plugged into that little piece that gives you the prongs for the outlet holes) for about 5 hours if not more. When I went to sleep the battery was at about low 40 to 30% and when I woke up about 10 mins ago it was at 18% after being plugged in for all that long. In the 10 mins have been browsing the web it has dropped to 7%. Now obviously it is going to drop because I am using it...I understand that. My question is why hasn't my ego been charging the whole time its been plugged in? I have another usb cord I can use but its so short, I will try switching but in the meantime any ideas? This has been happening a lot lately.

O yea and I just downloaded advanced task killer after looking at battery usage and seeing that Google maps was taking up 70% battery life which is ridiculous because I haven't used it for days. If I kill apps running in the background and/or foreground will this make the phone charge faster?
    My Evo did the same thing.!!and i set something heavy on the part where u put it in ur fone,and it worked[: a couple days later,i looked at the bottom of my fone without it being plugged in,and the metal part where u stick the charger in,and it was pushed waayy back in my fone. ]: So u might want to check where u put the charger in ur fone.See if its pushed back in ur fone,if it is go to sprint and they might be able to take it apart and push it back.(: I hope i helped(:

Oh I completely forgot that I even asked about this because my question went unanswered for so long...thanks for replying but it turns out it was just a shortest usb cord...problem solved

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links