EVO 4G sudden problems

This is a discussion on EVO 4G sudden problems within the HTC EVO 4G Tech Support forums, part of the HTC EVO 4G category; Good day everyone. New user here. I have had my EVO 4G since 7/10/2010 with zero problems. My phone is running on its original software, ...

Thread: EVO 4G sudden problems

EVO 4G sudden problems

Good day everyone. New user here. I have had my EVO 4G since 7/10/2010 with zero problems. My phone is running on its original software, I have not upgraded it, and it has been also running unrevoked so I can use it as an occasional hotspot. Also have never had any problems with that. Phone has never been dropped, wet or mishandled in any manner.

Last night, I pulled my phone from my pocket to find it turned off. I powered it up, and it took around 3 minutes for the white HTC EVO 4G screen to come up. Once it did, it sat there for approximately 8-10 minutes, and then it continued it's bootup. It goes into the Sprint 4G animated screen, displays the "4G" logo for around 3 minutes.

Once the phone finishes the boot up, I am unable to unlock the screen as it seems the touch screen is non-functional. Also I notice now that plugging the phone into any of the HTC phone chargers does not get the charging led to turn on, so it seems that it's also not charging.

I did try the hard reset, and the diagnostic it runs on its own does show "touch screen fail".

Suggestions, comments and/or ideas? My phone is out of warranty, I have all of my contacts and such on the phone and still under contract with Sprint until 6/2012. I also hate that I will lose my mobile hotspot feature if I replace the phone.

I just ordered a replacement touch screen online, hoping that is the issue....I'm all ears here. Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

So much for hoping these forums would be of any use. Clearly pretty useless in my current opinion. That could change later, I'll re-evaluate.

that said, I visited my local sprint store. A very super h elpful young girl cracked my phone open, (no warranty no insurance), put in a new touch panel and determined that my actual motherboard is taking a crap. She was super nice to me, let me pay $35 and ordered me a new phone. I'll have it on Friday (tomorrow). Do wish I had seen some input from others on this forum however.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links