Evo 4g

This is a discussion on Evo 4g within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I would like 2 know if the Evo will ever get Ginger Bread. Is there anyone else that share my interest....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evo 4g

Evo 4g

I would like 2 know if the Evo will ever get Ginger Bread. Is there anyone else that share my interest.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Super Moderator/RS furbearingmammal's Avatar
    Two hours north of Syracuse, NY. Yes, there IS civilization that far north.
    Twitter
    FurryVarmint
    If it has a 1GHz processor and more than 256MB of RAM then there's a very good chance it will.

Do you know if any other specific phones that most likely will get it?

I have no idea. I just got my Evo back in Jan. I have a black on black fishbone cover. It fits nice and snug like. It doesn't make ur phone look bulky. It's a real nice design. And a holster clip all for $35.00

As for Sprint changes from wimax to Lte. I think its a good thing. They should have done that from the begining but act like couldn't wait. They jumped on the first thing smoking that's no good.

Come check me out again. What phone u have at this time.

It's funny. There r several phones that does'nt have 1g processors and have 2.2 and looks of getting 2.4 gingerbread & honeycomb mix. So the Evo shold not be so hard to get it.

Sprint @ CTIA have several phones coming out in the next month or so. There is an announcement on these phones toward the end of the month. Keep an eye out for it. Evo View a tablet or pad, Evo HD, and maybe the Nexus S 4g is in the making. Sprint was going 2 get the Nexus 1 but opt out 4 the Evo so this could actually happend this time around.

I'm tracking this issue as well. But this is the first I've heard of "2.4 gingerbread & honeycomb mix". Is there a link to the spec? Perhaps its based on a different linux kernal?

As for the info that I've seen on 2.3 gingerbread, I'm very hopeful the 4G will get it soon - the audio capabilities and power saving enhancements sound promising.

Update: Found info on 2.4 and honeycomb, but nothing about a "mix". Just had to dig a bit. Thanks.
    Last edited by Micael; 03-22-2011 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Update

I think that they should slow things down a bit. I mean you buy a new device today and next week the OS is replaced and you feel like you were jipped out of 200 dollars. People do not get the oppurtunity to enjoy their devices before they feel badly about the fact of not waiting the extra week or whatever. Not too mention they would have less issues with the release of ROM's and Android 2.3 or 3.0 or whatever they come up with if they actually tested the stuff thoroughly before saying, 1.5 , 1.6, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.3.1, 2.3.2, 2.3.3, 3.0 etc... It has only been approximately two years since the flagship G1. I appreciate the quick updates and upgrades but want to enjoy what I buy. Hope this makes sense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links