The controversial $10 fee

This is a discussion on The controversial $10 fee within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; If you beleive in the phone and what it can do then $10.00 is not a lot to pay. look at you plan readjust and ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The controversial $10 fee

If you beleive in the phone and what it can do then $10.00 is not a lot to pay. look at you plan readjust and go on get with it. It's 29.99 for the hotspot but you can get it for a month at a time and then turn it off and not be charged for the month or months your not using it but this is the phone of the future get on board. I am so excited to have this opportunity....... YEAH SPRINT!

Simple, I agree with you completely.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    @explainthefee-

Damn man, it is NOT for 4G!!! It is for uncapped data. Like I said, EVO owners will use more data than regular phone users. The fee covers the extra data required. You don't think you're going to be on the internet ALL THE TIME on your EVO regardless of 3G/4G??

People need to quit crying. If you don't like the fee, don't get the phone. If you can't afford the fee, you can't afford the phone.

Go get an iPhone and pay a great deal more for your plan. Go get a Droid Incredible and pay more for your plan. But for god sakes if you're going to get an EVO, STOP *****ING.

Seriously, you people will find ANYTHING to ***** about.
    bro the everything plan has uncaped data thats why you use it with either blackberry or pda the 10 fee is for the evo ONLY how many people dont have an andriod for sprint or blackberry is there data capped ? ? not with the EVERYTHING PLAN .

i dont know if you guys are really understanding this fee let me make a lil cenerio up att or verizon you pay 30 a month for unlimted plans for data well a new iphone comes out or the new incrediable is out they want to charge you an EXTRA 10 bucks fee because its a new phone that well who knows if it works where i live but w.e everyone WILL pay for it but its DUMB that they say it like they do . rep on site told me its for me to get better use of my EVO . i was like better use of what ? what will it do better if i pay the fee or not ? its a company just like many others they just want money and put a happy face on the price card . i still love the evo compared to any phone and iv had plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Lmontes View Post
    bro the everything plan has uncaped data thats why you use it with either blackberry or pda the 10 fee is for the evo ONLY how many people dont have an andriod for sprint or blackberry is there data capped ? ? not with the EVERYTHING PLAN .
    You're right, I was wrong. The everything plans do have uncapped data. But since we as EVO users will undoubtably be using FAR more data than everyone else, even blackberry owners, I'm sure that the $10 is just Sprint's way of covering the extra costs that come with that, however they try to justify it. They have been very vague about explaining this fee, and I'm sure that plays a big part in why everyone is upset about it, but seriously, it's only $10 and with that fee Sprint is STILL cheaper than everyone else. I really wish people would just stop complaining about it. It is what it is, Sprint is not going to change it, and IMHO it is a very small price to pay to be able to use such an amazing piece of technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Lmontes View Post
    You're right, I was wrong. The everything plans do have uncapped data. But since we as EVO users will undoubtably be using FAR more data than everyone else, even blackberry owners, I'm sure that the $10 is just Sprint's way of covering the extra costs that come with that, however they try to justify it. They have been very vague about explaining this fee, and I'm sure that plays a big part in why everyone is upset about it, but seriously, it's only $10 and with that fee Sprint is STILL cheaper than everyone else. I really wish people would just stop complaining about it. It is what it is, Sprint is not going to change it, and IMHO it is a very small price to pay to be able to use such an amazing piece of technology.
    Wouldn't want our network bogged down like AT&T's. I will gladly "donate" my 10 bucks.

I would rather pay $10 a month than have to pony up an additional $120 up front. The phone would have been in excess of $300 plus tax! I don't pay that much for a cell phone that's going to be outdated in 6 months!

Yes, I am a "frog" that would rather be slowly boiled over time than be dropped into a boiling pot right away!

My entire family and I have supported Sprint for over 10 years through good times and bad, it's about time Sprint starts making some profit and coming out with phones that are the envy of the other carriers!

I'm tired of seeing thousands of IPhones or Verizon Blackberries!! I can hold my head up high and be a proud Sprint customer because of the Evo!!

$10 bucks a month to have the "BEST" phone out there is very small potatoes in the grander scheme of things!

so what really makes you think that an evo user will be using more data than a hero user, or moment user, or a tp2 user? heck some tp2 users have admitted to using over 20gigs tethering - which unless you pay the extra premium (pdanet or tethering charge) or root you won't be doing.

according to at&t (yes, i know you can't trust this too much) most users use under 200MB and in poll i saw most users stayed way under 1GB. now these are pre-flash numbers. i do believe that once streaming videos become more mainstream 1GB will be low end use. streaming vid has surpassed bittorrent as the highest bandwidth hog.

to those whining about not being able to use 4g - yes you can, that's what the extra fee is for. sure you can't use it where you want to, but if you go to an area that has it you won't be restricted from using it.

it's like paying taxes for public transportation system. most of the people in my city have no access to it, but if we go into the city it's there to use if we choose to do so.

getting down to it i don't like the idea of paying an extra $240 for a service i most like will not use. it really wouldn't be hard to block your account from accessing 4g. but, with the everything plus referral plan $69.99 (includes the premium) is less than what i pay to verizon for less service.

right now i'm torn about keeping the droid or going back to sprint and getting the evo.

But since we as EVO users will undoubtably be using FAR more data than everyone else, even blackberry owners, I'm sure that the $10 is just Sprint's way of covering the extra costs that come with that, however they try to justify it.

so what really makes you think that an evo user will be using more data than a hero user
    I know I will

Anyways, I firmly believe that $10 is a small price to pay to use such a BADASS phone.

What are your thoughts?
    i have NO PROBLEM paying that extra $10 for this phone its still WAY cheaper than any other service provider out there go get and incredible and see how much more they charge nearly double my bill.....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links