The controversial $10 fee

This is a discussion on The controversial $10 fee within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; And it looks like AT&T is starting to get crazy charging per gigabyte at a relatively high rate, IMHO....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The controversial $10 fee

Admin
    And it looks like AT&T is starting to get crazy charging per gigabyte at a relatively high rate, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    @explainthefee-

Damn man, it is NOT for 4G!!! It is for uncapped data. Like I said, EVO owners will use more data than regular phone users. The fee covers the extra data required. You don't think you're going to be on the internet ALL THE TIME on your EVO regardless of 3G/4G??

People need to quit crying. If you don't like the fee, don't get the phone. If you can't afford the fee, you can't afford the phone.

Go get an iPhone and pay a great deal more for your plan. Go get a Droid Incredible and pay more for your plan. But for god sakes if you're going to get an EVO, STOP *****ING.

Seriously, you people will find ANYTHING to ***** about.
    Dude, if it's for "uncapped" data, then why does my current plan say "UNLIMITED DATA"? That's bogus that I have an unlimited plan but now since I have a phone that can provide me with more data, faster .... I have to pay more? I thought I was already on an unlimited data plan? I have yet to complain about the 10 dollar fee because I love the phone, I just think it's crappy business tactics by sprint to say something is unlimited then charge you more when you use more.

Frankly I don't even care what it's for. The $10 extra per customer can only help them to build up their network and I'm all for it. Honestly, $10 is nothing when you think about what you're getting with a phone like the EVO.

I upgraded to the Evo from my touch diamond and seriously i only have to pay 10$ more for this work of art. The Evo is so much more of a phone. With all the extra time i will spend on this phone you can understand why they are charging 10$. Just wondering what is the charge for the iphone 30$? And that has a 2 gig cap now. Hmm sprint is true unlimited. Think i'm with MetalHead on this one. Great phone, great network far as price and coverage

OMG cant ...cant ...cant.... humm thats the EVO ? I will.....Ok

All it boils down to is if you don't wanna pay the $10 fee don't get the phone and if you get the phone u know theres gonna be an extra charge so quit crying!!

If anyone would go and read the fine print, most of the companies cap the data even though it says unlimited. Especially At&T and verizon. Now AT&T is not even going to be offering unlimited data to any new customer. If you are an existing customer you can keep your what is supposed to be unlimited data but is not plan, or you can change it.

I know I am already using way more data then I ever did on my BB, mainly because i can go to true websites now versus the crappy mobile ones on the BB...or trying to go to real sites and have them be a million screens long. So LOVING my Evo.

Quote Originally Posted by sunset74 View Post
    If anyone would go and read the fine print, most of the companies cap the data even though it says unlimited. .
    LOL, that's one of the funniest things I've heard. Lets call it unlimited to get the sale, but its really not. It's 10 bucks, really not a big deal at all, but like I stated in my original post, it's about the business ethics, not the money.

Quote Originally Posted by rowedf View Post
    LOL, that's one of the funniest things I've heard. Lets call it unlimited to get the sale, but its really not. It's 10 bucks, really not a big deal at all, but like I stated in my original post, it's about the business ethics, not the money.
    Business Ethics????? Isn't that an oxymoron?

It's simply a shift in Sprint's business model. You can cap a slow network at 5GB without serious issues. You can also give smartphone users unlimited data on a slow network. Why? Because a smartphone on a 3G network can't watch live streaming video such as Sprint TV. It's not fast enough. And a smartphone can't download lots of data. Not with a 32 GB SD card and even less available internal memory. So granting phones uncapped data limits and limiting PCs to 5 GB is a good way to go (for them.)

Now put a smartphone on a network that's 10x faster. You can't cap that at 5 GB, or ANYTHING really. At 5 Mbps, or half speed, you would reach 5 GB after only a few hours. You can't sell a network that's blazingly fast, can provide all of this throwaway data, like streaming video, and cap it. People are not that stupid. So the alternative is to let it be unlimited, and charge more. And Sprint claims that the 4G wireless card for PCs will also be unlimited on 4G networks, capped at 5 GB on 3G networks, and also is $10.00 per month more. So you can see the shift in their thinking with 4G.

You need to make your own decisions as to whether it's worth it to you to pay the 10 bux for 4G. Right now, I can't use it, but I will by August. (I was in Clearwater FL today and got a 4G signal, but they wouldn't give me an IP address. Still no signal at my house, which is an hour further north.)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links