The controversial $10 fee

This is a discussion on The controversial $10 fee within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I for one am sick of reading about and hearing people whining about it. Other providers charge a $30 smartphone fee, sprint does not. So ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The controversial $10 fee

The controversial $10 fee

I for one am sick of reading about and hearing people whining about it. Other providers charge a $30 smartphone fee, sprint does not. So even with this $10 tacked on, sprint's plans are still cheaper.

The whole "Why should I have to pay $10 for 4G when there's no coverage in my area" argument is the most annoying of all the gripes. It is NOT for 4G. It is to cover the extra data that people will undoubtedly use with this new phone. How many times does it have to be repeated for people to understand that? I know that when I got my Hero, I used a TON more data than I did with my POS Motorola Renegade. That being said, it doesn't make sense to me that we as android owners pay the same amount for data as someone with a standard flip phone, which is why I agree 100% with sprints decision.

Anyways, I firmly believe that $10 is a small price to pay to use such a BADASS phone.

What are your thoughts?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    I for one am sick of reading about and hearing people whining about it. Other providers charge a $30 smartphone fee, sprint does not. So even with this $10 tacked on, sprint's plans are still cheaper.

The whole "Why should I have to pay $10 for 4G when there's no coverage in my area" argument is the most annoying of all the gripes. It is NOT for 4G. It is to cover the extra data that people will undoubtedly use with this new phone. How many times does it have to be repeated for people to understand that? I know that when I got my Hero, I used a TON more data than I did with my POS Motorola Renegade. That being said, it doesn't make sense to me that we as android owners pay the same amount for data as someone with a standard flip phone, which is why I agree 100% with sprints decision.

Anyways, I firmly believe that $10 is a small price to pay to use such a BADASS phone.

What are your thoughts?

My thoughts?

Don't charge me for something I cannot use.

CEO of Sprint's quote at CTIA 2010:

"4G, we can offer because we can produce a gigabyte cheaper, we actually offer more. A good analogy that has been used for 4G, and 3G, and 2G, is kind of moving from Dial-up data at home, to low speed DSL, to a cable modem and then to faster speeds. Or in TV terms, standard def versus high def, but if you looked at those models, you paid more for faster speeds. You paid more for the HD channels. In essence what we're doing with 4G is we're throwing in the HD channels for free, because we're not charging any more and we're giving customer's more."

Explain the Fee!

I created this website regarding the $10 fee. Please join and support the cause to bring awareness to all consumers that you will pay the additional $10 "Premium Data" even if you're not in a 4G area.

Spread the word:

Facebook Page

Twitter

No 4G avail where I'm at yet but $10 is a small price to pay. They should of just raised their pricing plans $10 more a month and it wouldn't be an issue. Unlimited cell phone calls, unlimited data. What are you gonna do? Still cheaper then all the other companies for what we get. Just spent $10 eating lunch today. I guess I'll just eat one less meal out a month and I'm good. Oh well. Still buying the phone.

Everybody is complaining about the $10 fee but at the end of the day the complaints wont change a thing.Its a waste of time and energy,especially when these same complainers are jus going to pay the fee anyway.Even with the $10 fee increase the plan is still cheaper than AT&T.We cant embrace the advances of technology but then complain about the price of it.People please stop complaining and just enjoy this GREAT phone when it comes out.I KNOW I will!

@explainthefee-

Damn man, it is NOT for 4G!!! It is for uncapped data. Like I said, EVO owners will use more data than regular phone users. The fee covers the extra data required. You don't think you're going to be on the internet ALL THE TIME on your EVO regardless of 3G/4G??

People need to quit crying. If you don't like the fee, don't get the phone. If you can't afford the fee, you can't afford the phone.

Go get an iPhone and pay a great deal more for your plan. Go get a Droid Incredible and pay more for your plan. But for god sakes if you're going to get an EVO, STOP *****ING.

Seriously, you people will find ANYTHING to ***** about.

With all that I am getting in and with this phone I am not crying over an extra $10.00!

OMG THERES AN EXTRA $10 FEE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Thats ok, still picking it up ASAP...WHERE IS MY EVO!!!

Come on, it's $10... I just wasted more than $10 worth of my time reading this thread and responding.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaTech View Post
    Come on, it's $10... I just wasted more than $10 worth of my time reading this thread and responding.

Isnt the internetz Great!!!

I'll just repeat what I said on A|C

"I don't mind. If my 10 dollars can help get Sprint in the green and push their deployment of 4G faster, I will gladly pay it"

It's only 10 bucks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links