HTC EVO 4G Wallpaper Forum

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Wallpaper Forum within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; hello, i can i set my jpeg to my wall paper on EVO...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Wallpaper Forum

hello, i can i set my jpeg to my wall paper on EVO

The reason it's making you do it that way is simple: your image is the wrong resolution. The Evo doesn't use a 960x800 image... it uses an 800x960 image. The actual screen resolution is 800x480... it just scrolls across on the homescreens and pans a bit. If you had an image that was 800x960, it could be selected fully with the green selector.

Well looks like i did exactly I you recommended and resizing a pic to the specified 800X480 resolution achieves the same thing.. not to mention that i still have to crop the picture, and am asked to crop the already cropped version. LAWD

I'm having the same problems as everybody else. So annoying...

960*800...960*800

Keep repeating until you get it and start making wallpapers in that size, then they will not be cropped. It took me about 20 minutes until I grasped the Android scrolling wallpaper and started seeing the light.

See my attachment for an example of a Droid X wallpaper resized for the EVO.
    --
    Swyped on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Some of you may not realize that at that size (960x800) when you load the wallpaper, the green box still crops it. However you can drag the corner of the box and expand it to get the complete picture inside it.

Hey all i know alot of you are into loading your own wallpapers but if you would like an app that has tons of images you can choose from i found two i really like. First is called background and the second is Mabilo Wallpapers which has over 50,000. With a selection like that i found tons that i like. I find myself switching about every 3 days lol If you havent seen it yet check it out.

Theirs one on there that has a droid bot pissing on an apple icon. funny stuff lol

Found another live wallpaper i had to share. Looks very cool but makes me feel sick to my stomach watching it. Let me know what you think panoplanet live wallpaper.

Here’s a trippy live wallpaper for you

Here is a Jackass 3D wallpaper I made: Jackass 3D HTC Evo 4G Wallpaper on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

How to create a wallpaper from personal pic

Hi everyone,

This is what I did to get a personal pic to be a wallpaper on the HTC EVO and went through the same pains as everyone on the cropping issue and the pic being too large when done, etc..

This worked for me and very happy to have worked around the issue.

Take a pic and open it in paint(comes with Windows). My pic was 539X800 original and I resized it to 40% or the below pixels:

horizontal 216
    vertical 320

Paste on microsoft word or somewhere you can center and color the background (if not it will be white)

Use something like printkey(free out there) and select like 1/2 the page and then paste into Paint

This will result in an image with like 804X528

Then save it and load it to the EVO and use as wallpaper with selecting as what it is allowed with the box.

Because the inner image is smaller than the resolution of the area, it will produce a perfect centered image that does not go outside the panel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links