HTC EVO 4G Wallpaper Forum

This is a discussion on HTC EVO 4G Wallpaper Forum within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; This still does not work. My image is set to 960x800, resolution 72 .... it still does not display the full image left to right. ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: HTC EVO 4G Wallpaper Forum

This still does not work. My image is set to 960x800, resolution 72 .... it still does not display the full image left to right. I cuts it off ... and yes I'm making sure the yellow box is as far as it can go.

960 x 800 is perfect

EVERYONE 960 x 800 is perfect size. if it makes you crop it anyways, drag the crop thing to widen it, and it should perfectly fit in as the wallpaper. I have the HTC Thunderbolt, so I'm not sure if you can do it on the EVO. But try it! It took me a while to figure it out too lol. :htc: + =

960w x 800h is the correct size for the EVO, but understand you are only looking at a 480w x 800h 'window' of it on each of the 7 screens. On your home (center) screen, you will see the center 480 x 800 slice of your background. As you move to the other screens, the background shifts slightly horizontally with each move. At your left-most screen, your background will be roughly the left half of your background picture.

To visualize this, if you had a 960 x 800 picture with a vertical line in the center of it, your home screen would have the line exactly in the center of it. As you moved to each of the screens to the left of the home screen, the line would appear to move slightly to the right with each move.

When you select your image, make sure you drag the corner of that green box to resize it to get the full image.

This may be a stupid question, but for those of you having trouble with 960 x 800 not working, are you setting the correct dimensions for height and width? It worked perfectly for me with 960 width and 800 height. I wonder if some of you may have it backwards and that's why it's not working. Just a thought.

if you want a picture to fill your home screen and not spill over try this i did and it works - you need photoshop or paintshop pro or some other tool. create a blank canvas 960 pix wide by 800 pix high. grab your photo and resize it to about 450 pix wide by 720 high (plus or minus a few) now copy your resized photo into the new blank canvas and center it. save the new image and load it onto the HTC - use the crop box on the HTC and open it fully to grab the whole image not just the desired photo you placed during the image editing steps. The photo will now fill only your home screen the extra background will spill into the adjacent screens. I have used this on mine with great results every time.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by rich_c View Post
    Some of you may not realize that at that size (960x800) when you load the wallpaper, the green box still crops it. However you can drag the corner of the box and expand it to get the complete picture inside it.
    it crops and zooms it, i dont mind the scrolling for the other screens. I dont know how to keep the picture the actual size of the original.

To anyone having trouble with the previous sizing, resolution, "making the green box bigger", etc etc etc....try this; it may work, it worked for my EVO...

It might sound odd to make the file size bigger, but like I said it worked for me. Transfer the pic you want to set as your EVO wallpaper to your PC and open it in any image editor (ie: photoshop) and resize it to:

1952 x 3264

Save it, put it back on your phone: dcim > 100media. After you have re-mounted your sd card open your gallery > all photos > select the pic > menu > set as...and magically the "green box" (which everyone stresses will expand) should expand over the whole image without losing anything.

Try it....???

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links