Sprint Premier upgrade price?

This is a discussion on Sprint Premier upgrade price? within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I am a Sprint Premier customer,but my 12 month "reward" is only $75.00 off, not $150 instant discount plus $100 rebate for $250 total off ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sprint Premier upgrade price?

I am a Sprint Premier customer,but my 12 month "reward" is only $75.00 off, not $150 instant discount plus $100 rebate for $250 total off for a final price of $199. I love my :sprint: service, I'm just saying I think we should get a better deal, not $75 off, and asking if anybody had any ideas how I might get a better deal.

Kaptkrappy, I may be wrong, but as a S/P member, you are able to upgrade after 12 months of service on current contract. The $75 discount applies to signing a new 1 year contract and $150 discount applies to signing a 2 year contract. I would recommend that you refer to another service rep. I hope this helps you out.

That's absolutely correct Sarge!!

So, here's what I don't quite understand. Bought directly from Sprint the Evo cost $299 for those eligible, with a $100 mail in rebate. Since Sprint has a 30 day return policy, you won't see that $100 until after the 30 days so we're looking maybe six weeks out.

YET, BB and RadShack price is an immediate $199. Why can't/won't Sprint do the same thing?:confused:

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL222 View Post
    So, here's what I don't quite understand. Bought directly from Sprint the Evo cost $299 for those eligible, with a $100 mail in rebate. Since Sprint has a 30 day return policy, you won't see that $100 until after the 30 days so we're looking maybe six weeks out.

YET, BB and RadShack price is an immediate $199. Why can't/won't Sprint do the same thing?:confused:
    What I was told is that some "Sprint Stores" are not official Sprint owned stores. They are owned by franchisees and that's why Sprint does not offer the instand rebate.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right but that's what I've heard from reps at Bestbuy and Radio Shack when I asked them about the question you asked in this post.

If you return the phone within the 30 days to the Sprint store they will NOT process your rebate thus, you will not get a rebate check in the mail. Everything is tied to a database server and once your receipt is scanned and your money refunded Sprint will get an eletronic notice to cancel your rebate check.

The wonders of modern tech! If you want to get the instant rebate just go buy the phone at Bestbuy or Radio Shack, easy as that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock1973 View Post
    What I was told is that some "Sprint Stores" are not official Sprint owned stores. They are owned by franchisees and that's why Sprint does not offer the instand rebate.
    Not sure how that factors in. BB abd RadioShack aren't owned by Sprint either.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL222 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock1973 View Post
    Not sure how that factors in. BB abd RadioShack aren't owned by Sprint either.

My understanding is that BestBuy and Radio Shack gives the customer the instant rebate to entice them to buy the phone from their stores ASAP.

BestBuy and Radio Shack then send Sprint Corporation the total number of phones they have sold minus any phones that have been returned in the 30 day window. Sprint Corporation then sends both parent companies a check for the total amount of the rebates the stores gave out to sell the phones.

Sprint stores that are not "Official" do not have the financial support to offer the instant rebates and then wait months for Sprint corporate to reimburse them back.

Again, I could be off track with this but I've heard the same story given to me by several Best Buy and Radio Shack stores.

Kapt i'm not sure where you got your info but let me try to clear it up for you. Sprint Premier status is for customers who have met one of two stipulations, first you have been a sprint customer for 10 or more years (i have been since 1999) or second you have a sprint base plan of 99$ a month or higher. What this gets you is full upgrade status after a year. Non premier customers get 75$ upgrade after 1 year and full upgrade after 2 years. If you are close to a upgrade radio shack and best buy (in the past) have let me upgrade 2 weeks before the date sprint says i can upgrade. Hope this is of some help

thanks jak89 for the constructive info. I am a S/P customer, I just repeated what the Sprint rep in an online chat told me. I keep reading in the sprint literature what you said. I'm going to head to the Radio Shak by my house and ask them in a few weeks, my 12 month date is 7/29/10. I've got to try an EVO out first hand, but I know me, I'll get one no matter what it takes $$ (I'm a sucker for new gadgets).

Hello. I just upgraded my premier acct with the EVO at $199 AFTER mail-in rebate. Now waiting on invetory.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links