Now that you have your EVO 4G, any regrets?

This is a discussion on Now that you have your EVO 4G, any regrets? within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Yeah I bet. We still don't have 4G here yet (August) so that's off. No bluetooth devices so that's off, and I only put on ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Now that you have your EVO 4G, any regrets?

Yeah I bet. We still don't have 4G here yet (August) so that's off. No bluetooth devices so that's off, and I only put on GPS and WiFi when I need them. As such, I can get 2 days on a charge. But I hope that I still get a full day once 4G is here. I'm never without signal so that's a plus.

Junior Member edgar_sprintdroids's Avatar
    regrets? i have a few...

i love the phone but there are some quirks ::

1. it seems i only get a web page to change orientation to horizontal if the volume buttons are facing up - ie the charging port is facing right.

2. i still cannot get videos to play. i've tried mov, mv4, avi, wmv... nothing. only videos taken with the evo seem to play.

3. does anyone know how to take a screen shot?

4. is there a workaround to add a web page to a contact?

5. has anyone found a good gel case that doesn't add too much bulk?

thanks in advance for any help or answers.

So far all the movies i have put on my EVO are mp4 files that i have put in my itunes library. AVI didnt work but thats the only two i have tried.

No regrets here...This Evo is the kittens mittens! Im doing stuff I never thought would be possible on a phone. I didnt even touch my laptop for 3 days after I got it. I hope Droid can keep up the pace and put those Iphone zombies to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by edgar View Post
    regrets? i have a few...

i love the phone but there are some quirks ::

1. it seems i only get a web page to change orientation to horizontal if the volume buttons are facing up - ie the charging port is facing right.

2. i still cannot get videos to play. i've tried mov, mv4, avi, wmv... nothing. only videos taken with the evo seem to play.

3. does anyone know how to take a screen shot?

4. is there a workaround to add a web page to a contact?

5. has anyone found a good gel case that doesn't add too much bulk?

thanks in advance for any help or answers.
    my 2 c. re. two of your questions:
    1. I just keep my browser set to landscape only. that way it is always the same way. when in browser; menu, more, settings, landscape only. Yes, it is vol. buttons up
    3. download "shoot me" app. I only keep it running when i want to do a screen shot

jbrooks, thanks for the shootme app pointer. Works great, even though it says it's for rooted phones. Mine isn't but it works anyway.

Junior Member edgar_sprintdroids's Avatar
    j brooks - thanks for the shootme app tip.

Sadly the shoot me app was working without Root because of a mistake in the EVO configuration. After this weeks update it no longer works. Not that I had a lot of use for it.

Landscape only works in one direction on Android phones, it isn't an iPhone. Google has said they might change that in the future.
    --
    Sent from my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

None whatsoever! You can spend days learning all the stuff you can do with this phone.Really impressed.

Sprint is saving me $60 a month on my bill so I switched from Verizon and took the plunge with the new Evo. I have been on BB's for as long as I can remember. I have had my Evo for a day and It's cool but I have to have a battery solution or it will make a great paper weight. I need some answers that work. I'm spending all day killing apps and recharging. What good is any phone thats dead. Aside from that it's amazing technology. I just want it to work.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links