Now that you have your EVO 4G, any regrets?

This is a discussion on Now that you have your EVO 4G, any regrets? within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; When I bought my EVO, I had no idea that the $10.00 add on fee was for USING my EVO on Sprint's network. I thought ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Now that you have your EVO 4G, any regrets?

When I bought my EVO, I had no idea that the $10.00 add on fee was for USING my EVO on Sprint's network. I thought it was for 4G. I didn't know that ol' Dan said that 4G was free.

So instead of all the gobbledygook that Sprint dishes out, why not just say that it's a USAGE fee, not a data fee? Any Sprint phone on an unlimited data plan can get unlimited data, so it's not for unlimited data.

However ANY Sprint phone that has 4G capability will include the $10.00 fee. But it's not for the 4G data, because that's free. It's for the "ability to use" the 4G network--I'm paying because my EVO has a 4G radio in it.

Simple enough. Really.

Sprint has been all over the place when they try to explain the fee, stating everything from uncapped data to the kickstand. I just call it the "badass phone fee" and am glad to pay it if it means I get to use my EVO

Haha i know. When i'm telling my friends that they have to check out this phone they ask me what about the 10$ (crickets) i dont know what to tell'em. I know its a badass phone and i love it but to explain the 10$ fee i cant. Screw it, its still cheaper then all networks even if it does have a 10$ luxury tax lol

No regrets at all. As to the $10...I just tell the ones that ask me; it's a way for Sprint to make up some extra $'s for the price of the phone. No 4G in Tennessee and I don't think East TN will get it for years. I guess that's the price we pay for living in the foothills of the Smokies.

I've had to exchange my EVO twice already for the screen separation issues and I still have no regrets. I LOVE this phone! Happy to report that my current EVO seems to be without issue. Three times the charm I guess

Apparently some people don't realize that the standard 3G plans for Sprint have a 5gb cap per month.The $10/month fee on the EVO means you have NO cap on 3G or 4G networks.

While 5gb may sound like a no limit plan, that will change very quickly with more browsing and video content coming.

--
    Sent from my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

The 5 GB cap on data is usually just for wireless broadband cards. If you have a PHONE plan with unlimited data, it's unlimited. Some of the cheaper phone plans may have a limit.

The Sprint wireless card plans are ALL capped on 3G, which is a waste of money AFAIC. However 4G will make it worthwhile to have a wireless modem, even with a $10.00 "not for 4G because that's free" fee, because on 4G, it will really be unlimited.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    I've had to exchange my EVO twice already for the screen separation issues and I still have no regrets. I LOVE this phone! Happy to report that my current EVO seems to be without issue. Three times the charm I guess

I was wondering of the shortage of EVO's
    Hmmm...

Well Honestly i dont have any regrets but i sure dont like three major things
    1. i hate the fact i cant make a call directly from a phone number sent as text nor from text on the browser thats an Extra Fail for me /:
    2. they Really need to Expand 4G network to Florida
    3. and most deff Battery life /:

Umm, I have no problem if I get an email in my gmail, I just touch on the phone number, it moves it to my phone screen and I hit call. I have done the same thing from websites. I have not tried it from a text but don't see why it would not work. The only thing I have NOT been able to do is do it from a coworkers emails and that is because she has them imbedded right next to a web address so it is having an issue detecting the difference. But otherwise I have been able to do the phone number thing.

As for the battery life, check that thread as I have had a lot of luck with some of the changes I made and sometimes get a whole two days out of a battery now.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links