Now that you have your EVO 4G, any regrets?

This is a discussion on Now that you have your EVO 4G, any regrets? within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Yeah I have no issues whatsoever making calls by selecting the number in texts, emails or browser. Just touch the number and the dialer pops ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Now that you have your EVO 4G, any regrets?

Yeah I have no issues whatsoever making calls by selecting the number in texts, emails or browser. Just touch the number and the dialer pops up.

I'm not sure about that one. Where ever there is a phone # attached weather it be in the browser or elcewhere i just tap the number and it puts it right on my call screen. Simple

Evo Regrets: 1) Screen Size, 2) Sprint Service

I like my Evo. I can't complain about any of its specs, and it reliably delivers everything as advertised.

The only regret I have about the hardware is the size of the screen. Believe it or not, I think it's a tad too small. It's just not quite big enough to comfortably browse most web sites when zoomed out all the way.

I have no :4g: here, and Sprint's 3G service where I live is usually OK, around 70 KB/s down (I live right next to a Sprint antannae), but during peak hours it sometimes drops to 10 KB/s and stays like that for an hour or two. Ick!

I'm buying the Dell Streak when it's released in the US. It's behind the Evo in some specs, but if you ask me, its 5" screen is a good size for a pocketable 3G browsing device.

I too like the Streak but to me it seems like the Streak has moved out of the cell phone market and into the tablet spectrum. I seen a video compairing the Evo and the Streak and the streak is much bigger. Its .7" size difference is just the screen size but the phone itself is even bigger then that. For me it is just to big to carry around as a phone but something to carry in your briefcase to use as a tablet would be the way to go...just my 2cents

Large tablets with mobile OSes

Yeah, I wish the Streak didn't have such a thick bezel compared to the Evo. I much prefer it when a touch device's screen takes up almost all of the space on the front face. That's a strength of the Evo IMO.

The main appeal of the Streak to me is that it's currently the largest-screened device that fits comfortable in a front pants pocket.

The way I see it, if a device is large enough to require a suitcase/backpack to carry around, it had better have a full OS on it like OSX or Windows 7.

I really don't understand the appeal of 7+" Android tablets or the iPad. Why not just carry a Win7 netbook around? Some netbooks have all-day battery life, and if you keep them in sleep mode, they're just as "instant-on" as any tablet.

I'm all for large tablets, just not the kind with mobile OSes on them.

Windows 7 on Netbooks is usually so slow and crippled it's nearly worthless. And buying a computer with XP on it is just rushing headlong down a dead-end road.

Microsoft is really shooting themselves in the foot by trying to control what devices can receive what versions of Win7.

I would love an android tablet with enough memory and the ability to install a full java runtime so it could run Open Office.

Plus without any phone carrier controlling what I do with the device (read full root access) it should be able to do pretty much anything.

I have a 12" Asus netbook with Windows 7 Home Premium and while it is a very versatile computer the are too many things I won't do with it. Like reading or watching video. I don't wasn't to pay the Microsoft tax for a tablet device. And I really do not like the idea of paying Apple there prices for the iPad.

Android being an open source system with a track record for stable touch screen devices, it would be the ideal way to go for a low cost tablet. But I will wait for devices that ship with at least Android 2.2. These companies make a habit of never upgrading the OS once they ship.

--
    Swyped on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Regrets? None so far. This device crushes every phone I've ever had.

Yeah. I'm still whining about the $10 fee for accessing the same data I accessed with my Blackberry. I don't complain about it on forums anymore though because it's fruitless. I almost returned it to Radio Shack and replaced it with the Samsung Moment. but aside from this, it's an amazing device.

sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Awesome Phone love it but Facebook doesn't work on it and the battery life is to short

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links