Coverage w/ Sprint and 4G

This is a discussion on Coverage w/ Sprint and 4G within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Hey All, Saw the 4G today at the mall and looks awesome. Currently with Big Red and have the HTC Incredible. THinking about jumping ship ...

Thread: Coverage w/ Sprint and 4G

Coverage w/ Sprint and 4G

Hey All,

Saw the 4G today at the mall and looks awesome. Currently with Big Red and have the HTC Incredible. THinking about jumping ship to Sprint, but never had them before. I keep hearing the Verizon has the better coverage. However, I live right outside of Boston, so I am sure the Sprint coverage has to be good (assuming).

My question is, how is the coverage? Anyone old Big Red user now Sprint? Is there really a difference if I am in a big city?

Thanks

papaskisparta--- maybe future 4G, Sprint customer

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by papaskispartan View Post
    Hey All,

Saw the 4G today at the mall and looks awesome. Currently with Big Red and have the HTC Incredible. THinking about jumping ship to Sprint, but never had them before. I keep hearing the Verizon has the better coverage. However, I live right outside of Boston, so I am sure the Sprint coverage has to be good (assuming).

My question is, how is the coverage? Anyone old Big Red user now Sprint? Is there really a difference if I am in a big city?

Thanks

I personally don't think Verizon has better coverage than Sprint. Both companies use the CDMA network. My entire family and wife's family have been Sprint customers for over 10 years and never really had any issues with national or international coverage.

The 1 and ONLY drawback with Sprint has been their customer service department. If you don't need to call them then you don't have any issues or problems.

I live about 25 minutes outside of Chicago in the NW suburbs and have absolutely NO issues with 4G coverage or making/receiving calls!

Make the switch you will not regret it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimlock1973 View Post
    Hey All,

Thanks

I personally don't think Verizon has better coverage than Sprint. Both companies use the CDMA network. My entire family and wife's family have been Sprint customers for over 10 years and never really had any issues with national or international coverage.

The 1 and ONLY drawback with Sprint has been their customer service department. If you don't need to call them then you don't have any issues or problems.

I live about 25 minutes outside of Chicago in the NW suburbs and have absolutely NO issues with 4G coverage or making/receiving calls!

Make the switch you will not regret it!!
    Thank you very much! I actually went ahead ordered two EVOs and can not wait to get them. My wife is very stoked that we will be able to video chat on the phone. I called the Big Red and they did not want me to go. I told them I would be saving money and having a phone with a front facing camera. I will be roughly paying $155ish with awesome features, versus staying Verizon, paying close 10 $180, and having less.

Very much so looking foward to Sprint!

Welcome to Sprint, i have been with them for 5 years and love them. The CS could be better, and i do think they are working on it. The EVO is the best phone going, and the plans are the best bang for your buck!

You'll have good coverage in the Boston area. I work in and around Boston/Cambridge and I live Merrimack Valley, all areas have good to great coverage.

Hey All,

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    You'll have good coverage in the Boston area. I work in and around Boston/Cambridge and I live Merrimack Valley, all areas have good to great coverage.
    Thanks sully, that is very reassuring. We live in Bedford and communte and are all over the place. The one big test is I am going up to Maine to ride with my brother (HD Street Glydes) and want to see how that goes. That is my wife and I's biggest concerns. We are very excited about getting them, as they should be getting here Tuesday. It is funny to see my wife for once get all excited about getting this phone, as she has never had a smartphone before. As for me, I will usually own a smart phone for about a year before getting a new one...... However I went from in a very very short period of time; MotoDroid in Dec, HTC Incredible in late april when released, now getting EVO

THanks again for your inputs, as again that was one of our biggest concerns was coverage.

Thanks

Well if I may make a suggestion, keep your current cell/carrier. Reasoning, you have 30 days with Sprint to take it for a test drive. Before canceling the service with your previous carrier, use them side by side and see if the coverage is adequate for your needs. If you determine it is, make a request to Sprint to port over you existing number.

Coverage varies widely between providers in different geographic areas. From my personal experience, Verizon tends to be better nation wide. But that certainly does not mean they are better everyplace. At my house, in Seattle, Sprint happens to be much better than Verizon. But most places in the greater metropolitan area, they are equal or Verizon is better. As sully suggested, pay for both services for a month, just to be on the safe side.

i was wondering how the evo worked for you in maine and where all you went. i am thinking about getting one and was curious.

I am taking my EVO on my first big trip from Kansas City to chicago. I have LOVED Sprint for years because their coverage area was WAY better then any other carrier for me. Especially since I travel a lot. The only problems I ever had was at my parents because they live in a TINY town and one guy owned the tower there and so he would not allow Spring to use it. Now that Verizon owns it I am getting much better reception there and loving it.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links