EVO 4G Dead Pixels?

This is a discussion on EVO 4G Dead Pixels? within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I got my new Evo Friday morning. Like others I was really enjoying it until I noticed a dreaded pink dot in the middle of ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EVO 4G Dead Pixels?

dead pixel

I got my new Evo Friday morning. Like others I was really enjoying it until I noticed a dreaded pink dot in the middle of the screen. Given the pixel density, its small and hard to see, but its there non the less. Do I exchange it? The dot certainly isn't that noticeable and Sprint people will most likely that im anal.

What would you do?

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by arcofdescent View Post
    I got my new Evo Friday morning. Like others I was really enjoying it until I noticed a dreaded pink dot in the middle of the screen. Given the pixel density, its small and hard to see, but its there non the less. Do I exchange it? The dot certainly isn't that noticeable and Sprint people will most likely that im anal.

What would you do?
    You paid for a phone like one that is advertised. I wouldn't settle for a dead pixel, take it back. Be nice and courteous, but I would get a new one.

BTW, can you get a picture of the dead pixel and upload it as an attachment here?

I have one dead pixel. Hardly noticable, but still, it's there. Haven't decided whether I'll take it back.

Sorry for the larger pictures, I had to take the pictures with no flash and close up. It's a cluster of about 3-4 dead pixels, all in green. Only time it doesn't show is with white backgrounds. It's not BAD by any sense, but just the fact I know it's there, drives me nuts.

Here are the pictures.

Admin
    Thanks sully for the pictures, I did a front page article on it.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoos150 View Post
    I have one dead pixel. Hardly noticable, but still, it's there. Haven't decided whether I'll take it back.
    Let me know if you can get some pictures up here.

I can provide have some pics of my Samsung i5700 with green something that looks the same. The first unit had 50 of them and the second 27.
    For me this is a OLED problem and the reason why you can't buy a 32" OLED TV.
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by androidfan79 View Post
    I can provide have some pics of my Samsung i5700 with green something that looks the same. The first unit had 50 of them and the second 27.
    For me this is a OLED problem and the reason why you can't buy a 32" OLED TV.
    Thx for the pics androidfan

Just got mine, not a single dead pixel :D

Exchanged mine today, first dead pixel return for the store thus far. The new Evo seems to be defect free (crossing-fingers).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links