How bad is Sprint with cancelling contracts because of too much roaming?

This is a discussion on How bad is Sprint with cancelling contracts because of too much roaming? within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I really want to keep my Evo, but I live in a "not so good" area. Inside my house, I get 4-5 bars of roaming ...

Thread: How bad is Sprint with cancelling contracts because of too much roaming?

How bad is Sprint with cancelling contracts because of too much roaming?

I really want to keep my Evo, but I live in a "not so good" area. Inside my house, I get 4-5 bars of roaming and 0-1 bar(s) of Sprint native network coverage. So most of my time spent on the phone at home, I will be roaming. I heard if you roam too much, then Sprint will cancel your contract. So my question is, how tough are they on this issue? Anyone with any experience on this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by kxs783kms View Post
    I really want to keep my Evo, but I live in a "not so good" area. Inside my house, I get 4-5 bars of roaming and 0-1 bar(s) of Sprint native network coverage. So most of my time spent on the phone at home, I will be roaming. I heard if you roam too much, then Sprint will cancel your contract. So my question is, how tough are they on this issue? Anyone with any experience on this?
    I've never heard of that, just that roaming charges are generally higher.

oh i know there is a place that shows you the amount of usage on roaming you can use before they take you out of there service . i live in a gray zone roaming also but i dont call alot while at home im always either at work which is perfect there or just around at home i use wifi so i dont worry about the internet roaming. but i will look it up for you if i find it i will post it here .

Thanks Admin and Lmontes. Admin, I know that this is actually one of their policies, because I called Sprint CS and they told me that I can have my contract terminated if I have high roaming usage. My thing is, I just don't know how strict they are about it. With all of the different website/forums that I visit, I have yet to find someone who said that their contract was cancelled because of it. So I don't know. But Lmontes, if you're able to find that site, I would really appreciate it. Thanks again everyone.

"Off-network Roaming on Sprint Phones:Not available with single-band phones, or to customers residing outside an area covered by the Nationwide Sprint Network. Sprint may terminate service if (1) more than 800 minutes, (2) a majority of minutes or (3) a majority of data kilobytes in a given month are used while roaming. International calling, including in Canada and Mexico, is not included in plans with no roaming charges. Roaming usage may be invoiced after 30-60 days. Data services and certain calling features (Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting, etc.) may not be available in all roaming areas. "
    here it is man if you want the link
    Terms & Conditions

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links