Is anyone using the Hot Spot application?

This is a discussion on Is anyone using the Hot Spot application? within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; The main reason I got the EVO was for the Hot Spot application. I am in Las Vegas and saw the phone at CTIA. I ...

Thread: Is anyone using the Hot Spot application?

Is anyone using the Hot Spot application?

The main reason I got the EVO was for the Hot Spot application. I am in Las Vegas and saw the phone at CTIA. I have a 3G verizon card internal in my Laptop and thats what I normaly use for work outside the office. I just recieved the EVO yesterday and I have to say that the performance of the handset is great it runs all apps very fast. IP connectivity works fine on the handset but the hot spot feature is not that great, Using www.speedtest.net results on the handset were like 1.25 mb down and .075 up on 4G. When using my Laptop in the hot spot mode much slower. Now my Verizon 3G card was faster then both????? Whats up with that. I love the phone and want to keep it but I dont know if I can justify it. Does anyone know if there are some settings to fix this??? I might go to the sprint store and have a tech look. as I said before now I love the handset and $30 for hot spot 4G vs $65 for Verizon 3G is a no brainer. Let me know your results or tricks.
    Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow, I can't believe that no one answered this...You're connecting via your phone, which is already taking up a good portion of the 4G bandwidth. This is the reason why your laptop browsing is slower than using the 3G card.

Yes, but not a savvy as u...I enjoy it and when my 4 friends and the WII and XBOx are up..this is awesome and not too slow for me. And for $30..a few seconds isn't going to kill me. But nice to know BIGZ

Hardwired USB tethering is free via Easy Tether - works on the Mac (probably PC too).

DL is approx 1/10 the speed of a broadband home LAN and UL is about 1/2.

I use wifi tether and easy tether. I refuse to pay sprint extra for something I already pay for.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Free! Full Body Protection for your smartphone.
    http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links