Here's what I want. Will my Evo do it?

This is a discussion on Here's what I want. Will my Evo do it? within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I'm trying to get down to a minimum # of devices. Currently a netbook, a cell phone and a camera fulfill my needs. I carry ...

Thread: Here's what I want. Will my Evo do it?

Here's what I want. Will my Evo do it?

I'm trying to get down to a minimum # of devices. Currently a netbook, a cell phone and a camera fulfill my needs. I carry all three every place I go. My computer needs are minimal, i.e. Word documents, email, store photos, Skype daughters and grandchildren download books and music from iTunes and that's it. Even if an iPad could function as a phone it's obviously too big to use as a cell phone. I really don't like a cell phone as big as my Evo and I prefer my Verizon Eris upgraded to Droid OS 2.1 (same as a Sprint Hero, I think) but if through applications or some other way I could get a small folding or roll-up keyboard connected to my Evo, figure out how to get Word on it so I could store, send and receive Word documents and do the other things listed above I think I could have my dream of getting down to one device come true, i.e. Evo as my cell phone, Evo as my camera and Evo as my only computer.
    Can someone give me some guidance on this? Would a small, portable USB keyboard work on an Evo? Can Microsoft Word work on my Evo? If not could an app be designed to make it possible?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Not sure about the keyboard but there is a paid app in the Droid market costs 15$ Named DocumentsToGo Full version by DataViz Inc. Has MS word and Excell viewing, editing adobe PDF powerpoint, Create new saving/sending changes, viewing and updating charts, zoom and format. It has a pretty high rating, but I haven't tried it personally. Hope that helps some

Thank you very much. I'll look into it. I still need a keyboard.

If the keyboard is that big a deal try something like a blue tooth keyboard but first I would suggest trying ShapeWriter from the market place witha Lil adjusting time you can type faster with it. I can type faster with ShapeWriter than I can on a full keyboard

Documents to Go

I have used Documents to Go. Works great. Takes a little getting use to, ie where certain functionality is on the Evo keypad etc.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links