Syncing the phone to a computer

This is a discussion on Syncing the phone to a computer within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I know this sounds like a "noobie" question, but i cant figure out how to sync the phone with my computer so i can load ...

Thread: Syncing the phone to a computer

Syncing the phone to a computer

I know this sounds like a "noobie" question, but i cant figure out how to sync the phone with my computer so i can load music onto the phone. When i plug the USB connector into the USB slot i get this message, "windows needs to install driver software for you ABD" well the phone doesnt come with a cd that is required for the software. Anyone know anything to help me out:confused:

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

One thing you can do if your having troube loading music on your phone (i know some might think this is a pain in the butt) take out your sd card put it in the computer directly and load all your music that way. Thats how i loaded my music and movies.

Quote Originally Posted by jak89 View Post
    One thing you can do if your having troube loading music on your phone (i know some might think this is a pain in the butt) take out your sd card put it in the computer directly and load all your music that way. Thats how i loaded my music and movies.
    I'm kind of having the same issue except i'm not getting an error message...in fact, i'm trying to upload pix from the phone to my pc but when i plug it in...i get nothing...not even in "my computer" drives...if someone can come up with another solution for the OP, i'm sure i can figure it out from there.

Taking out my SD card does the same as plugging my phone to pc....i get nothing...it's not in the drives either. I currently have to email the pix to my addy then open and 'save as' in my pc that way...PAIN IN THE ASS

When you connect to your PC you should get a notification asking what kind of connection you want. There are a few choices and one will be "disc drive".

There's no need to take out your SD card.

james.

Or just go to menu/settings/connect to pc/default connection type and choose disk drive.

You need to install HotSync2.0.31 on your computer. That installs the adb drivers that are needed. You can download it off the web, looking for a link. I've tried to attach it in a .zip form. And it's not letting me upload.

On both the Sprint and HTC site.

When you plug in your phone, a screen pops up on the phone that says "Charge only", "HTC Sync", "Disk Drive", "Internet Sharing".

Select "Disk Drive" then tap Done.

On your PC, the SD card folder should open. If not, Open up (My) Computer and find the drive under "Devices with Removable Storage".

Open the folder "HTC Sync". Copy HTCSync2.x.xx.exe to your computer and run it to install the sync program.

Next time you plug your phone into the computer, select HTC Sync as the connection option.

Before disconnecting your phone from the computer, make sure you "eject" the SD card "drive" at the computer side. It will improve the chances that the card can be seen by the phone later.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links