Getting used to keyboard

This is a discussion on Getting used to keyboard within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I spent about 2 hours in a Sprint store today playing with an EVO. Overall, I love the thing... BUT ... That on screen keyboard ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting used to keyboard

Getting used to keyboard

I spent about 2 hours in a Sprint store today playing with an EVO. Overall, I love the thing...

BUT ...

That on screen keyboard is a royal PITA. Anyone else moving from a tactile keyboard (I have a Treo) to the EVO care to comment on how long it took them to get used to the on-screen keyboard?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I switched from a treo 800w to the EVO, had it for about 4 days now, and it's getting better. There are several different keyboard apps if continues to be a problem, but It's not that bad for me, just a learning curve thing.

I went from a blackberry curve 8330 from Sprint to the Evo and at first I was going crazy over the fact I could not type worth a darn. I have had mine since the day it launched and am getting MUCH faster at typing, even faster then i was on my blackberry. I love how when i do mess up, often times it will fix my words the way I want. Sometimes I just take a extra few seconds to reread what I am sending before I hit send. Otherwise i am really enjoying the touch, did not know if I would when I got it and was almost a deal breaker for me cause I wanted an actual slide keyboard. SOOOO glad I decided to get the Evo, especially now that I have figured out my battery life and what I needed to to do make that last longer then 3 or 4 hours.

I moved from a Touch Pro and it is taking some getting used to the Evo . The arrow buttons layout are not as user friendly and the cut/copy/paste is a little more awkward. Spell check was nice on the Touch Pro as it worked like a computer where you can run it after your done typing. Have not found this feature on the EVO. Overall I am getting faster.

Admin
    You guys should try the Swype keyboard, that can be pretty cool as well.

Can you tell me more about it please? I have not heard of it.

Just download ShapeWriter from the market place it comes with a demo its very slick toy don't lift your finger from the keys and its very fast I can type faster on my phone than I can on my pc

My last several phone's were a htc diamond and before that was a palm centro which i loved. Diamond text screen was awful, and i did like the centro. Now with the Evo when typing on the horizon screen i just glance up after every word and if i spelled the word wrong it gives me a few words they think i mean. Touch the word and continue. No backing up. A little getting use to but over all i now text way faster

swype is amazing, but the website "says" that its closed to new android users.
    if you go, however, there is a place to register for when they decide to open it up to everyone. i did it and a week later i got an email inviting me to download it and my boyfriend got it in one day of registering.

it's an application that allows you to slide your finger to type words without lifting up your finger. it's pretty amazing. so you slide from letter to letter with your finger and its ridiculous how accurate it can be.

sooo much better than typing each key.

Swype | Text Input for Screens

Just got swype its pretty much the same as shape writer but thekeyboard looks better i'll give it a god round of use tonight and fill you guys in

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links