screen turns on by itself at 4:00 am

This is a discussion on screen turns on by itself at 4:00 am within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Even in "airplane mode" the EVO screen turns on by itself at 4:00 am...the light wakes me up! (Now I have to keep the phone ...

Thread: screen turns on by itself at 4:00 am

screen turns on by itself at 4:00 am

Even in "airplane mode" the EVO screen turns on by itself at 4:00 am...the light wakes me up! (Now I have to keep the phone covered) Why is this happening? Is there a way to prevent it?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Member droidaddict_sprintdroids's Avatar
    that is really strange. No, this has not happened to me. What I have a problem with is that the EVO does not turn itself on for the alarm. Before this phone I had a BB and I usually turned it off at night because I don't want to be disturbed. The alarm would go on in the morning at the time set.

With the EVO, it does not do that. If I turn the phone off then the alarm does not come on like the BB. So, I leave it on and hear the notification of incoming emails, etc..It is quite annoying.

I am going to play with the settings a little more and hopefully find something that will work.

I have had my screen come on as well. usually though I only notice it when it is plugged in to the computer. We decided what it might be is a light power surge is waking it up as it only happens occasionally.

Regarding the emails overnight. Google mail it appears does not have this option, but my yahoo one has the option to check email LESS during off peak hours. You might check and see if you have that ability.

If the screen turned on it must have been for an alert of some kind I don't know a fix for that but i can help with the sounds try an app called audio manager it will let you adjust all the volumes levels for your phone and has a nice widget for quick access

droidaddict: just put it in airplane mode

Member droidaddict_sprintdroids's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jwarner191 View Post
    droidaddict: just put it in airplane mode

Thanks, I will try that!

I found this today .. I havn't tried it but maybe it will help .. Sweat Dreams App . Diseo Web Mlaga | Productos

Quote Originally Posted by droidaddict View Post
    that is really strange. No, this has not happened to me. What I have a problem with is that the EVO does not turn itself on for the alarm. Before this phone I had a BB and I usually turned it off at night because I don't want to be disturbed. The alarm would go on in the morning at the time set.

With the EVO, it does not do that. If I turn the phone off then the alarm does not come on like the BB. So, I leave it on and hear the notification of incoming emails, etc..It is quite annoying.

I am going to play with the settings a little more and hopefully find something that will work.
    Turn your volumn all the way down instead of off and you will still hear your alarm go off and NOT hear your alerts. I use my alarm every week when I am on the road.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links