Mobile Banking on the EVO?

This is a discussion on Mobile Banking on the EVO? within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I was hesitant about accessing my bank account using mobile phone as it could be another way for me to lose it. However, I will ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobile Banking on the EVO?

Member droidaddict_sprintdroids's Avatar
    I was hesitant about accessing my bank account using mobile phone as it could be another way for me to lose it. However, I will be looking into this soon and I have citibank. I am still nervous about this...oh boy..

Quote Originally Posted by angrychair View Post
    Was it citi or chase that has an app, that allows you to take a photo of a check and deposit it that way?
    Not sure about either of those, but the USAA app has that feature.

Chase has an app for the iPhone that allows deposits by taking a picture of the check. USAA has one for Android. I'm not aware of any others right now, but I read somewhere that the other big (and not so big) banks are working on something similar.

Apparently, Wachovia ditched their mobile app for a mobile-enabled website. I use the Dolphin browser for banking with them, and it works like a champ, both with the mobile site, and the regular bank site.

There appear to be a number of banking apps in the Market, but I just wouldn't trust anything for banking that wasn't provided by the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by daaave View Post
    Chase has an app for the iPhone that allows deposits by taking a picture of the check. USAA has one for Android. I'm not aware of any others right now, but I read somewhere that the other big (and not so big) banks are working on something similar.

Apparently, Wachovia ditched their mobile app for a mobile-enabled website. I use the Dolphin browser for banking with them, and it works like a champ, both with the mobile site, and the regular bank site.

There appear to be a number of banking apps in the Market, but I just wouldn't trust anything for banking that wasn't provided by the bank.
    Agreed that is why I only use the app supplied by my bank for that reason alone. I also heard that chase was working on an app for the android market that is simular to their iPhone app.

With the EVO I can just use the regular bank web site. I do wish my bank had more mobile-friendly pages, but the full site works ok for what I need to do.
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links