Mobile Banking on the EVO?

This is a discussion on Mobile Banking on the EVO? within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; This question came up for me the other day. I currently have a Motorola Renegade V950 and I tried the to get on line to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Banking on the EVO?

Mobile Banking on the EVO?

This question came up for me the other day. I currently have a Motorola Renegade V950 and I tried the to get on line to check some accounts and I could not login and my bank is telling me that my phone is not secure enough for Mobile banking. Great one more reason to use this phone at the target range.

Those of you that have the EVO have you had any issues doing Mobile banking on your phones? Any issues using the default web browser or did you use a different one from the Market? Have you had any other issues login into other secure web sites? Medical? 401K? etc...

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Admin
    The default browser supports HTTPS which your old phone probably does not so I think you'll be fine.

Works fine for me (Regions Bank.) I haven't enrolled for their "mobile banking" yet, but the straight browser works fine.

Good to know. At one point in time with my current phone Renegade V950 I was able to do my mobile banking then it stopped. Either the bank changed their security setting or they felt something was not right with my phone.

Unfortunately Chase does not have an official mobile banking app like Bank of America, Wells Fargo, etc..

My wife and I have to log on to the Chase website via the web on the Evo to review our business and personal checking accounts.

I have heard some horror stories with bank apps not being very secure and allowing passwords to be visible..

That's a function of the phone. You can set it to show passwords (bad idea.) The EVO (and probably all android phones) show each character of the password as you type it before putting the dot in there. I assume this is so you can verify that you typed the password correctly. However someone looking over your shoulder can see each character, so always type your password in a secure location.

There are secure apps for that in the market place that you have to register with your bank to use that's how I do it just like using the atm

I use citibank mobile all the time, it works great.

I bank with Wachovia, and they don't like my Opera browser. Yesterday, I discovered the Dolphin browser, which has some pretty cool features.

I logged in, did balance checks and a transfer from one account to another, just like I was sitting at my desktop system.

The browser's a keeper.

Was it citi or chase that has an app, that allows you to take a photo of a check and deposit it that way?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links