So about this battery life nonsense...

This is a discussion on So about this battery life nonsense... within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I just got home and noticed that my old EVO's notification light was blinking (I still haven't sent it back to sprint). I thought I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So about this battery life nonsense...

So about this battery life nonsense...

I just got home and noticed that my old EVO's notification light was blinking (I still haven't sent it back to sprint). I thought I turned it off when I got my replacement EVO 4 DAYS AGO, but it had been on the entire time. I looked at the status, it had 91 hours uptime and there was still 10% charge on the battery.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Last few days I haven't been using mine much (1 or 2 calls a day, some texting, surfing and looking in the Market for apps) and I get 2 days on a charge.

I use my cell phone for my main business and personal line. I have noticed in the last 3 days that my battery is not lasting as long as it did when I first bought the Evo.

Unofficially, I feel like the standard battery on the Evo has lost at least 20% of it's original life.

I average about 4,000 minutes a month and do heavy email and texting. I have the phone plugged into my laptop when I'm using it for business purposes.

I hope HTC comes out with an OEM extended battery ASAP! I'm going to be tethered to the damn charging cable in my office and my car!!

I'm tethered at the office every day I'm hoping to find a new extended battery soon but nothing that is available at this time seems to be worth the purchase.if I find a 2500mah unit I will snatch it up

I've been experimenting with custom roms, and there are several of them that seem to dramatically improve the battery life. Fresh, DmageControl, joeykrim, and Bugless Beast all seem to be pretty good at managing the battery on the phone.

Could it be that there is a batch of batteries out there that are defective then?
    Because I use my phone for normal use: calls, some emails and text messages, and the battery never lasts more than 4 hours.
    That's pretty bad for a phone that can do so much.
    By the way, I have GPS and wireless off.

Could it be that there is a batch of batteries out there that are defective then?
    Because I use my phone for normal use: calls, some emails and text messages, and the battery never lasts more than 4 hours.
    That's pretty bad for a phone that can do so much.
    By the way, I have GPS and wireless off

Turn off your Facebook for sense auto sync. On my replacement evo, FB was causing android.process.acore to constantly use over 50% of the processor time. I turned off FB's auto sync, and my phone went from 3 hours on a charge to over a day. I'm pretty sure HTC is aware of this problem (it's not supposed to be doing that) and is coming up with a fix for it in the next OTA.

Cool!

Thanks for the tip.
    I'll try it out and get back to you with the results.

So, my battery life on the Evo is better than the Hero was, I did however do some tweaking of the phone a bit...head over to GoodandEvo for all the battery saving tips.
    20 tips to improve HTC EVO 4G battery life

Smile Great Tips

I haven't bought my evo yet, trying to wait until some of the bugs are worked out. I have noticed on several forums that the battery seems to be a major issue. The website suggested is a good resource for handling this issue. Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links