HTC_IME keyboard mod

This is a discussion on HTC_IME keyboard mod within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I just installed the HTC_IME keyboard mod from xda and I must say it's WAY better than the stock EVO keyboard. It's essentially the HTC ...

Thread: HTC_IME keyboard mod

HTC_IME keyboard mod

I just installed the HTC_IME keyboard mod from xda and I must say it's WAY better than the stock EVO keyboard. It's essentially the HTC Hero's keyboard with a few minor tweaks. For those that never had the Hero, the keyboard is very similar to the EVO's keyboard except it doesn't have those ANNOYING AND POINTLESS DIRECTIONAL KEYS.
    It's extremely easy to install and use, and if you're interested, the .apk and instructions for installation and use can be found HERE. There are different versions, you want to download the high resolution version.

I highly recommend at least trying this keyboard.

[MOD] HTC_IME (8th June) v27: Small fix - xda-developers

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Hmmm, I don't find the directional keys pointless at all. If I'm composing a text, and I want to edit a word back near the beginning, I tap on the word, but the cursor doesn't always land where it's supposed to. a few taps of the appropriate arrow key, and i can position the cursor exactly where I want it. Then I can delete or backspace over what i want to replace, retype a few characters, and hit send.

I can understand why you like them but for me they were just annoying. I really don't have a problem getting the cursor where I need it, and with the word correction I rarely have to go back at all. I used to have a Hero and was used to it's keyboard, so being able to have that one on my EVO is a real plus.

The main thing I like about it is that since it has no directional keys it is centered on the screen and feels more comfortable to type on.

Well if you don't use them and have no need for them, I can see why you would want to replace them with something more useful to you.

My problem with the word correction is that after I type a sentence, I look back and find that that word correction has replaced an acronym or similar string with a normal English word, which I didn't intend. The arrow keys are good for fixing those mistakes.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links