Help with folder organization

This is a discussion on Help with folder organization within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Is there a way to make a folder and move partictular apps into it? For instance I would like to move all games into one ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Help with folder organization

Help with folder organization

Is there a way to make a folder and move partictular apps into it? For instance I would like to move all games into one folder etc. I haven't been able to do that but there must be a way.
    Anyone????

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Yes there is and it's really easy to do. Touch the + on the lower right of your screen and then choose folder and then new folder. Thats it. You can just drag and drop apps into the new folder. To rename the folder just open it up and then long press on the name (default is "folder") and change it. I have all my apps divided into 3 folders- games, apps, and utilities.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by MetalHead View Post
    Yes there is and it's really easy to do. Touch the + on the lower right of your screen and then choose folder and then new folder. Thats it. You can just drag and drop apps into the new folder. To rename the folder just open it up and then long press on the name (default is "folder") and change it. I have all my apps divided into 3 folders- games, apps, and utilities.

Hope this helps
    Wow! That IS easy. Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by turtlebugs3 View Post

Hope this helps
    Wow! That IS easy. Thank you so much!
    Another question if you don't mind. I just did what you said and it worked perfect except that all the games went into the folder and also stayed in the apps. The folder is on the front screen. I would like the folder to be in with the apps, not on my front screen and remove all the seperate ones. I don't know if I'm clear but besides the games being in the folder they are also still in apps. which I don't want. If I delete it won't it delete from the folder also?

When you say they are still in apps do you mean they are still in your app drawer? If that's the case then that's how it's supposed to be. ALL of your apps will always remain in your app drawer.
    You can't add folders into your app drawer, you can only add them to your home screen. You do have 7 panels though so if you don't want them on your main screen, just move them to a different panel.

When you say they are still in apps do you mean they are still in your app drawer? If that's the case then that's how it's supposed to be. ALL of your apps will always remain in your app drawer.
    You can't add folders into your app drawer, you can only add them to your home screen. You do have 7 panels though so if you don't want them on your main screen, just move them to a different panel.
    So are you saying that when I click on the apps button everything is still there? Even if it's in a folder too? I have like a million different apps and was hoping to do like I did on my blackberry which was move different apps into folders and not have a ton of clutter when I open apps. If thats the way it is I guess I can live with it because I love the phone. I'll just do like you said and but certain things into certain folders and then I can ignore the app page and just go to different folders. Darn, they should fix that!

Darn, they should fix that!
    I don't think there's anything to fix. Think of it like a pc- even though we have the shortcut on our desktop, the program can still be found in the start menu. Your app drawer is basically like the start menu and is a place where all your apps reside, and anything you put on your homescreen is just a shortcut to that app.

Darn, they should fix that!
    I don't think there's anything to fix. Think of it like a pc- even though we have the shortcut on our desktop, the program can still be found in the start menu. Your app drawer is basically like the start menu and is a place where all your apps reside, and anything you put on your homescreen is just a shortcut to that app.
    Great explanation! I get it! Thanks.

Glad to help

Quote Originally Posted by droidhead View Post
    Glad to help
    How do I take things out of a folder or delete a folder? I accidentally put my messaging icon into a folder with something else and I just want it alone on the bottom like it was originally when I got the phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links