Anything I should do before Activation ofmy EVO?

This is a discussion on Anything I should do before Activation ofmy EVO? within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Well I finally scored my own EVO. Last night I logged onto the net and checked the usual places Sprint, Walmart, Radioshack and Best Buy. ...

Thread: Anything I should do before Activation ofmy EVO?

Anything I should do before Activation ofmy EVO?

Well I finally scored my own EVO. Last night I logged onto the net and checked the usual places Sprint, Walmart, Radioshack and Best Buy. Go figure Best Buy online told me that had inventory. So I made my purchase online and the order went through just needed to wait for the confirmation that the store did have the phone in stock since I placed the order around 9:30PM PST and the store was closed and since I was out of town this morning abalone driving up in Mendocino county and had no cell reception till I got into a cell coverage range and Best Buy informed me that they
    did indeed have in stock my EVO. :D

So I drove down and picked up my EVO :D So before I activate my EVO should there be anything that I need to do with my old phone before I make the switch? Back up anything, transfer anything?

Thanks to all in advance!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Well, depending on what your old phone is, you may or may not be able to transfer stuff over. If you go to a Sprint store, they can probably copy at least contacts, maybe calendar, between phones.

Your old phone should still give you access to stuff stored locally on it even after you transfer to the new one (be able to read contacts for example).

As far as apps, games, etc., don't know. Probably have to download them onto the EVO.

Charge the EVO battery, I promise you will run it down enjoying your new phone as soon as you have it up and running.

If you are going to have a Sprint store transfer your contacts, check with them before you activate the EVO. My store couldn't transfer the contacts off my old Motorola phone. They had to REactivate it, then transfer, then reactivate the EVO. It could be just that they didn't know what they were doing, but still check with them first.

Also, coming from a different carrier may be a whole other ball of wax.

Thanks too all for the advice. My old phone is a Motorola Renegade V950. As far as contacts goes I should be fine I'm enrolled in Sprints online contacts backup feature. i.e. When ever I add or make a change in my contacts Sprint backsup a copy in the event my phone gets lost or damaged, plus I can log into my sprint account and view/edit my contacts via the web then have it update my phone.

Photos, Videos, Notes, Picture Mail is what I'm wondering if I can not save or transfer.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links