Notification Sound???

This is a discussion on Notification Sound??? within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; I'm having a hard time hearing the notification sounds when i receive text messages!!! Anybody know where to purchase/get a new notification sound/ringer? I tried ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notification Sound???

Notification Sound???

I'm having a hard time hearing the notification sounds when i receive text messages!!! Anybody know where to purchase/get a new notification sound/ringer? I tried to on sprint and you can not purchase any kind of ring tone for the Evo!

* Only problem I'm having with the phone sooo far!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

From the home screen:

Menu -> Settings -> Sound& Display

Ringer volume allows you to set the volume for notifications. I think by default, it is at about 75%. Turn it up to 100.

Also, a bit further down on the Sound Settings menu, there is a Notification sound setting. There you can set a bunch of preconfigured notification sounds. Pick one that is more audible to you.

Gawd I would LOVE an app that gave me control over ringtones for notifications. Specify different tone for email and text. Get something that goes long and loud when I want it (I use SMS to get emergency callout notifications, and it's almost useless on the EVO, worked great on the Treo).

Hey developers, this is a great opportunity for you!

Edit: As an interim fix, I've downloaded handcent - it does give me the ability to use custom (i.e., music) ringtones for sms notification. It does not appear to let me assign unique notification tones by person, which I would really like.

Second Edit: Handcent is gone, and now I'm using Missed Call. That really is giving me what I most need, choice of ringtone for SMS and the ability to do repeats. It might also allow unique SMS notification per contact, but have not tried to do that part yet. Nothing wrong with Handcent, but I don't need it's features.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Gawd I would LOVE an app that gave me control over ringtones for notifications. Specify different tone for email and text. Get something that goes long and loud when I want it (I use SMS to get emergency callout notifications, and it's almost useless on the EVO, worked great on the Treo).

Hey developers, this is a great opportunity for you!

Edit: As an interim fix, I've downloaded handcent - it does give me the ability to use custom (i.e., music) ringtones for sms notification. It does not appear to let me assign unique notification tones by person, which I would really like.

Second Edit: Handcent is gone, and now I'm using Missed Call. That really is giving me what I most need, choice of ringtone for SMS and the ability to do repeats. It might also allow unique SMS notification per contact, but have not tried to do that part yet. Nothing wrong with Handcent, but I don't need it's features.
    With the notable exception of the Mail app, most individual apps, such as Messages, and IM programs, give you the option to set the notification sound.

Anybody know of any good sites to get new ringers for the Evo? Oh & by the way.... I love this phone!!

Yeah I downloaded that app from the market. Thanks for the tip though.

ok, so i have a set of specific tones all in mp3 format that i would like to use as my notification sound when i get an email or a text. i successfully transferred them to my phone, as successfully loaded one of the mp3s to use as my ring tone. but i cannot find a way to set up one of the mp3s as my text and email notification. additionally, i'd like to change my alarm tone. some one please help!

Does anyone now how to set a specific notification sound for text messages from one contact? I know that we can set individual ring tones, but not necessarily individual notification sounds. Thoughts?

there sure are a lot of questions. and not many answers....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links