If EVO were a PC, it would be DOA

This is a discussion on If EVO were a PC, it would be DOA within the HTC EVO 4G forums, part of the HTC Android Phones category; Originally Posted by MORTON Originally Posted by wbpo5l So I got this new cool EVO phone. Download and run Quadrant Standard. It scores about middle ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If EVO were a PC, it would be DOA

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by MORTON View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wbpo5l View Post
    So I got this new cool EVO phone. Download and run Quadrant Standard. It scores about middle of the pack. This for the phone supposedly the coolest thing on the planet.

If the EVO were a PC, and it scored low benchmarks, it would be considered DOA.

It's only as cool as the stuff you can run on it.
    Your an idiot. If any phone was converted some how.. into a pc it would be doa.. These phones (smart phones) were not made to be considered pc's they were made to multitask.. and that's exactly what they do. Having previously owned an iPhone I can assure you the evo is worth its weight in gold, even without rooting it.. if you don't like the evo go out and buy that paper weight they call the iphone..
    *You're

and really? an idiot? it's a phone... simmer down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MORTON View Post
    So I got this new cool EVO phone. Download and run Quadrant Standard. It scores about middle of the pack. This for the phone supposedly the coolest thing on the planet.

Your an idiot. If any phone was converted some how.. into a pc it would be doa.. These phones (smart phones) were not made to be considered pc's they were made to multitask.. and that's exactly what they do. Having previously owned an iPhone I can assure you the evo is worth its weight in gold, even without rooting it.. if you don't like the evo go out and buy that paper weight they call the iphone..
    *You're

and really? an idiot? it's a phone... simmer down.
    To each his own opinion.. I'm tired of hearing people complain about everything.. Did I get my punctuation right this time professor?

Thats the good and the bad about electronics. Everyone wants to have the latest and greatest out there but when it comes down to it the next best thing is just around the corner. Remember this is still our phone that now acts as our mp3, mp4 player's, camera, video camera, pocket pc, and its still a phone. Not only does it do all these things it does them well. You can break down each device and see the flaws in all of them. Pick the one that does the best for your list of needs and roll with it....at least for the next 3 months till you have to get the next best thing

Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by jak89 View Post
    Thats the good and the bad about electronics. Everyone wants to have the latest and greatest out there but when it comes down to it the next best thing is just around the corner. Remember this is still our phone that now acts as our mp3, mp4 player's, camera, video camera, pocket pc, and its still a phone. Not only does it do all these things it does them well. You can break down each device and see the flaws in all of them. Pick the one that does the best for your list of needs and roll with it....at least for the next 3 months till you have to get the next best thing
    this exactly. there will always be something else

Not sure about you, but I've never gone into a store and bought a stock computer and expected it to be anything other than that.....Stock. If I want performance beyond what is on the box, I modify and tweek until I get the performace I want. If you want to compare this phone to a PC, then treat it like one, tweek it until you get the performance you want. I don't score middle of the pack on Quadrant Standard.

I build PCs for gaming and buy phones for gps, browsing, music, messaging and phone calls. I would never consider a phone based on gaming performance.

Oh and the EVO scores below phones running froyo. So once we have that on the EVO, those numbers will shift quite a bit.

--
    Swyped on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wrecklass View Post
    Oh and the EVO scores below phones running froyo. So once we have that on the EVO, those numbers will shift quite a bit.
    I build PCs also. In fact the one I am typing on right now has 3 nVIDIA graphics cards n SLI and a way overclocked quad processor that is water cooled. It does physics processing and drives a full 3D display.

But Froyo is not going to make a difference comparitively. I like my EVO. But I wish it had the Hummingbird processor. Then it would be everything it could have been. Not complaining...just excersing my right to express my opinion. See the latest benchark below...we get blown away...and that is sad.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgoQHxy-0mM[/ame]

Yea well iPhone 4 users can drop calls faster than we can, should we complain? ;-)

--
    Swyped on my EVO 4G with Tapatalk

What was the comparative battery use during those tests?
    I gave my iPhone to my 5 year old and got an EVO.

ROFL! I'm blowing those numbers away, and compared to some, my phone is slow. If you want a phone that does nothing but scores high on speed tests, either modify the EVO or buy a phone that does less, but does it faster. Of course, you'll give up 4G and a bunch of other things, but, you'll score higher on quadrant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links